Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
boots...need help. >

boots...need help.

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

boots...need help.

Old 02-12-2002, 09:32 AM

Default boots...need help.

I am new to hunting and plan on going this fall. I am going to scout this summer and am looking for boots that are comfortable for North Florida/South Georgia.

I can't make up my mind between leather, rubber, or cordura. The terrain is part hayfield part swamp and part hardwoods/hills. I do plan on getting the 16" height because of snakes and I am prone to ankle twists. I will be in a stand and would like to do some stalking eventually for both deer and turkey.

Any suggestions?
Old 02-12-2002, 03:04 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-12-2002, 07:38 PM

Default RE: boots...need help.

Hey bluesranger!
When you get that pair of boots,go with all rubber,knee-high.Rubber just contains scent a whole lot better than the others.If you can't go with the real deal,then at least get a boot with a rubber foot and sole.You'll see alot more deer if you don't leave your scent everywhere you go.
I was born and raised in Louisiana,lived most of my life here,and have hunted in some god-awful terrains.Personally,snakes have never been a real big problem for me.Yeah,we got plenty of 'em,and some of 'em are down-right mean cusses too(thinking the old water moccasin 'bout now!).Best way to handle the snake situation is to stay aware of your immediate surrondings,look before you leap so to speak and try to avoid obvious problem areas that can harbor snakes not visible to you as you approach.It ain't easy,but with practice,you can save yourself from lots of trouble.
You can get snake-proof gaiters to wear over your rubber boots if it makes you more confident.
Good huntin'......,whackman
Old 02-13-2002, 07:38 PM

Default RE: boots...need help.

HEY BLUESRANGER
IVE BEEN CRUISING TIMBER,HUNTING,AND HIKING IN N.C, S.C. GA. AND NORTH FLA. FOR ABOUT 20 YEARS IVE TRIED THEM ALL AND YOU CANT BEAT ROCKY ESPECIALLY THE BEARCLAW SERIES