Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Lets hear it NC >

Lets hear it NC

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Lets hear it NC

Old 10-28-2003, 07:07 PM

Default RE: Lets hear it NC

Within 2 miles of Northern Durham Sr. High School just off Goodwin Rd. How about you huntindog?
Old 10-29-2003, 01:19 AM

Huntindog & Smitty,

I am in Garner about 30 minutes or so from Durham. You guys seen anything out your way? A guy in our club got a 9 pointer and 2 - 6 pointers have been taken. The past week or so, I havent seen anything though.
Old 10-29-2003, 06:44 AM

Smitty,
I' m about a mile from Southern Durham High School. I hunt mostly in Granville Co.
Old 10-29-2003, 03:13 PM
Typical Buck

Has anyone hunted Hill Forest?

Jim /*
Old 10-29-2003, 04:54 PM

I did a couple of years ago. I didn' t get my permit this year. If you go you have to use a shotgun with buckshot or a bow. A game cart would be a good investment to have if you are going to hunt it through out the season. Lots of land.
Old 10-31-2003, 07:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Stokes county. I took a 3yr old 4 pointer out of the gene pool on 10/29/03.
It is still bow season here. I have seen 2 monster bucks (12pt or better) at 60yds.
Dang arrow just won' t fly that far. Wainting on smoke pole season to open up.

Friend killed a large 8pt this week. Both my 4pt and his 8pt were chasing does.
I had Hunters Gold out and he came to it before seeing the doe.

Rut can' t be far off now!!
Old 11-01-2003, 05:01 PM

I was hanging out at the cabin with one of the other guys in the lease when we heard some dogs running on the property. This is a no dog running club. We grabbed the guns and went out to try and cut them off. The place where I ended up is on a ridge overlooking a swamp bottom. I stood in place for a while until I could no longer hear the dogs running. Then I began to scout the area on my way back out to the field. I found a nice rub on a 3 1/2" to 4" cedar that was made very early this season or last season. As I was knealing down to inspect I began to hear something behind me. I stood up and looked around to see the biggest buck I have ever seen while in the woods. This was like the monsters you see on the hunting shows. I could tell he had been pushed or spooked by something or someone by the way he was trotting in. I made a kissing sound (like you might make when calling your dog) to get him to stop so I could get a shot. He stopped almost imediatly. The only problem is that he was in some thick stuff and I could not find him with my scope or naked eye. I took a very small step to the right to get a good look and off he went back in the direction he came from. Now I' m still playing every step through my head and wishing I would have stayed still. I don' t know if I will ever see him again but I will be hunting him until the season is out. A definate wall hanger. I was able to see a minimum of 4 points on each side not including the brow tines. I' m kicking myself............ Hard.[X(]
Old 11-02-2003, 06:44 AM
Typical Buck

Going down to hunt the second 3-day gun hunt on the PD refuge next week.Anyone hunted the other hunts and what luck did you have?
Old 11-03-2003, 01:10 PM

I' m from Alamance County.Ive killed one doe so far.Ive seen a couple nice bucks but havent had shots on them.
Old 11-03-2003, 07:16 PM
Spike

I' m from elizabeth city up in the northeast corner of the state. I' ve been hunting 6 times so far this season but no luck yet. The weather is pretty warm and I think that is keeping deer activity to a minimum, but I' ll still be out there every chance I get!!!! Tony

Quick Reply: Lets hear it NC

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.