friends in Virginia >

friends in Virginia

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

friends in Virginia

Old 08-07-2003, 09:25 AM
Fork Horn

Default friends in Virginia

I am in the Fredericksburg/stafford area of Va. I am looking to make some new firends on here from Va. Someone to do some shooting with both archery and guns. I have a few decent places to hunt thoughout the area and woul consider trading hunting trips with someone. I have lived around here all my life but most of my hunting buddies have moved now I am looking for new ones!!

Justin
Old 08-08-2003, 04:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: friends in Virginia

Hey Justin, welcome to the board! I' m from Fairfax, and do a decent amount of hunting around the area too. Good to have you aboard.

Steve
Old 08-08-2003, 06:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

WELCOME!! [8D]

I' m down here in the Richmond area and this coming season will mark my 3rd year (I' m a late bloomer).... I FINALLY landed myself a secret hunting spot on private land.

Down around here, most of the areas are locked up tight as a drum or leased out to hunt clubs. The WMA' s around here are a joke too. 9,000 hunters to 1 deer. [:' (]

Anyway, it' s good to hear from another Virginian! Another good guy from Virginia on this board is Tazman. Another guy named TScottW99 is a turkey hunter from out in the blue ridge area and really cool to talk to.

Take care and welcome aboard!

Butch
Old 08-09-2003, 01:29 AM

Man, why is everyone from down south!? I live in Northern Va and have no one to hunt with! I just moved here so it is really hard to find people and places.
Old 08-09-2003, 07:39 AM
Fork Horn

thanks for the warm welcome guys, I believe this is fastly becoming my favorite board!!! Cool I am not too far from you so maybe we might have to get together and do some shooting.. maybe even some hunting... yellolab I am from the north stafford area so I am not so far from you you might have to get together with us and shoot as well.. I am looking forward to this years season.. I cant wait to see what this cam and a half can do!!!!

Butch I have one or two honey holes for this year you might have to get up this way for a hunt!!

Old 08-09-2003, 08:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: eng40sqd
Butch I have one or two honey holes for this year you might have to get up this way for a hunt!!
Hey eng40sqd... That sounds cool! [8D] I know where Stafford is. I' ve been by it on I-95 many times. My secret little place that I got only allows one hunter (for now, that is...) but hopefully they will let me bring a " guest" to hunt soon.

Butch
Old 08-09-2003, 09:00 PM
Typical Buck

I live in North Stafford and mainly bow hunt Northern Va. I do pick up a gun now and then, what are you into hunting with the most, I could turn you onto some good guys to hunt with or some places. You can email me if you wish.

That includes you too , yellowlab03

Ben
Old 08-11-2003, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

All - we should meet up one of these days and do a skeet/trap shoot for the fun of it. Its looking like the Stafford/Quantico area is in the middle, so any ideas? I know Quantico has a trap range.
Old 08-11-2003, 09:30 AM
Fork Horn

Ben.. I am from north Stafford as well... where abouts are you? I am right off of 610 myself.

Coolbrze0 I am all for getting together and doing a trap/skeet day... my neighbor is all for it also... just as long as it doesnt interfere with hunting season we are ok LOL...
Old 08-11-2003, 12:55 PM

Man, why is everyone from down south!? I live in Northern Va and have no one to hunt with! I just moved here so it is really hard to find people and places.
Not everyone is from down South. I live in Falls Church. I hunt out at Thompson WMA (not the greatest...) but this year I am hoping to try Fort AP Hill and see how that pans out.

Northern Virginia is not the best place to be a hunter. Little hunting around here, most of the stuff in the further west counties like Loudon or Prince William is private or small or locked up. It is even hard to find a place to shoot more than 100 yards to get sighted in or practice without driving 2 hours.

The more difficult the chase, the sweeter the meat! (That applies to the pre-hunt as well.)

Chubber

Quick Reply: friends in Virginia

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.