Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 friends in Virginia >

friends in Virginia

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

friends in Virginia

Old 08-19-2003, 01:54 AM

Default RE: friends in Virginia

Hey chubber do you do any duck or goose hunting around loudoun? I know what you are talking about, I have tried scouting and asking permision but everyone looks at me like I am crazy! Loudoun is full of tree huggers. I just moved here too so that makes it even more difficult to find places.

YL03
Old 08-19-2003, 05:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey chubber do you do any duck or goose hunting around loudoun? I know what you are talking about, I have tried scouting and asking permision but everyone looks at me like I am crazy! Loudoun is full of tree huggers. I just moved here too so that makes it even more difficult to find places.
I used to hunt a farm out that way, but unfortunately its being leased out now. Seems like Loudon is the #1 leased county in VA when it comes to waterfowling.
Old 08-20-2003, 09:32 AM

Nope, never done any duck or goose hunting. You would think I would have as I grew up on the Eastern Shore. (The seasons were closed for many years while I was growing up.) Just never have the opportunity now.

Around my house you could hunt geese with a piece of bread and a baseball bat. They litter every piece of green grass around.

Chubber

Hey chubber do you do any duck or goose hunting around loudoun?
Old 08-28-2003, 11:12 AM
Fork Horn

Soooo..... is anyone ready to do a litle shooting????????
Old 09-02-2003, 03:31 PM

Hello all,

I am the Chairman for the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation in Fredericksburg, VA. We are about to have our banquet on September 27th, 2003 right in Central Park at the Holiday Inn Select. Please contact me if you are interested in attending. Its a great way to meet new friends and people in the area.

Kevin Paulson
[email protected]
Old 09-05-2003, 06:52 PM
Typical Buck

I live in Manassas city & like you i have been here for quite a few years & all my huntin buddies have moved away or was' nt into huntin as much as i am. I hunt the G.R Thompson wma in Markham, right off I66 or the Shenandoah Natl Forest in Front Royal. I have had great luck in both places & the drive to & from either area is within 45 mins. ( i usually need that 45 mins to calm down before i get there or get back home so the girlfriend dont think im off my rocker) I' ve seen alot of nice bucks come off both places & im avidly lookin for someone to participate in the fun of draggin (or i' ll return the draggin favor) Id love to meet fellow hunters & shooters
Old 09-05-2003, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I' m up here in the mountains...Hot Springs. (bath county)

Thats right about the middle of the George Washington National Forest.

There are several national forest shooting ranges within a fairly close distance, If you or anyone on here is ever in the area, Don' t hesitate to give me a holler. Any excuse to shoot a few rounds is a good excuse.

For what it' s worth, with all the rain we' ve had this year, all the critters are doing exceptionally well. I expect this to be an above average season for all of the western part of the state.

Old 09-06-2003, 11:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

WOW I can see I should have been looking in this forum more often, looks like we have quite a few folks near me, I wish I could offer some of you all places to hunt, but every place I seem to swing permission to hunt on puts limits on me, none of them will allow me to bring a freind hunting, they will let my twins tag along, I wounder what they are going to say when the twins are old enough to start hunting.

Look anyone who would like to hook up shoot me an email at [email protected] and I will send you my phone number.
Old 09-14-2003, 08:10 AM
dpv
Typical Buck

Chester VA here. Ther Richmond Area. Will be hunting Small private area in Hanover and Public land in Chesterfield, Amelia, and Powhatan this year.
Old 09-14-2003, 08:36 PM

Hey folks, right now I hail from Arkansas but I lived in the Williamsburg area for about 16 years while serving in the Navy and after I retired. I still go back to VA each December to hunt with my old hunting buddies and visit my daughters. It it one of the highlights of my year. We usually hunt with dogs (I love it and have all my life) and hunt the Williamsburg/James City Co/York Co/Charles City Co areas. It is some great hunting but access is rather hard to get.
Good luck with forming your club and have a good skeet shoot.
Take care, good hunting and may God bless you and yours.

Quick Reply: friends in Virginia

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.