friends in Virginia >

friends in Virginia

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

friends in Virginia

Old 09-15-2003, 02:08 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: friends in Virginia

damn... looks like I will have to do a little bow hunting on the Hill this year myself... I had not made up my mind as to if I was going to invest the time into scouting there... I have a few other places that are new places this year that I am trying to get the feel for so I can only be in one so many places at a time lol..

But between taking a ride around there this past weekend and talking with my brother who used to be a paid firefighter on base there for the last few years.. I think I might hang in a tree there some this year.....he is suppose to be talking to some of the friends he made there (officers) to see about getting me into bow hunt some of the off limits areas he hunted while he was working there...we shall see about that though...

I am glad to see it cool off some.. made shooting in the evening much more enjoyable, although with this storm coming looks like I might look mighty funny tied to my porch and trying to shoot in all that wind LOL

If any of you want to give he a shout then you can email me at [email protected] or [email protected] drop me a copy in both as I dont always check them both everyday..
Old 09-15-2003, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will check it out more and see the perimeter stands they have too.
the perimeter stands are actually spots that you can enter the woods and either sit on the ground or setup your own climbing tree stand. they are located along range road. if you cross 301 by the airfield, at the first intersection is range road, there are several of them located to the right and the rest are located along the road to the left. i think they are charging and extra 10 bucks to use these. as far as hunting the off limits area (impact area), access to this is controlled by people on a key control list, they have to take a test each year and normally this is a close knit group. cost you an extra 10 bucks for a guest tag and 5 bucks a day for each day you hunt. think they are also offering 6 days for 25 bucks. anything else you want to know, just ask. oh, it is best to scout several areas in different parts of the post, due to training going on down there, they could close a lot of the post at any given time.
Old 09-15-2003, 06:04 PM
Fork Horn

LMAO!!

Lil ears are listening to all these nice spots, Ap Hill, Amelia etc.. don' t worry I' m not likely to show up hehehe..

Someone mentioned everyone getting together, not a bad idea someone will need that extra hand in tragging out that monster...lol

I' ve thought for years about Ap Hill, but Quantico is much much closer.. Week Days is the Keyyyyyy!

As for the WMA' s I' ve started looking into them more. but remains hesitant one day I' ll push myself or when the friend pool wears down on hunting properties.
Old 09-20-2003, 08:25 PM

Just had to make sure all of VA is represented! I am down here in Deer and Turkey heaven, in the far southwest part of the state (Grayson County). We even have a few Elk here now, as well as Bear, Coyote, and just about anything else you can think of! Anybody gets down this way, let me know!

Daved
Old 09-22-2003, 08:15 PM
Spike

Hey Daved so do you do any bear hunting out there, are they allowed to run the bear with hounds in your area, drop me a line and lets talk some bear [email protected]. see ya