Senate Bill 850 Defeated

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Senate Bill 850 Defeated

Old 02-01-2011, 02:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by VA5326
And also.....

-What if you or your relatives are the landowners?

- Over 75% of people in VA no longer consider Sunday a day of rest. Just look at the crowds in Wally World and the malls on Sundays....... A day of rest, right?

We can go back and forth on the Sunday hunting all day long.

I can put holes in every theory or argument.

Utah, probably the most religious state in the nation............... allows hunting on Sunday!

You have an excellent point. It is really not about religion IMO. Religion is being used by a select few to sway others.

Even though I don't live in his district, I emailed Senator Petersen and asked if we may be going about this the wrong way. My suggestion was to to do like North Carolina did. Allow Sunday hunting for archery on private lands only. I just feel this might be a little easier to accept for some. I have yet to hear back from him.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:20 PM
Fork Horn

I know it would be a hard decision to make but maybe if enough hunters did not buy a hunting license next year and not hunt() they would lose enough money to allow sunday hunting. If everyone that believes in sunday hunting did this and wrote their sent. Maybe just maybe they would change their tune.?. I know I sound crazy huh?
Old 02-01-2011, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by deerdogdude
I know it would be a hard decision to make but maybe if enough hunters did not buy a hunting license next year and not hunt() they would lose enough money to allow sunday hunting. If everyone that believes in sunday hunting did this and wrote their sent. Maybe just maybe they would change their tune.?. I know I sound crazy huh?

It may eventually come to that. If the license sales are declining, as I have read before, then it may come to that. I wonder if that is why the VDGIF spoke in favor of Sunday hunting this year?
Old 02-01-2011, 07:55 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by VAhuntr
I wonder if that is why the VDGIF spoke in favor of Sunday hunting this year?

They are in favor of it because they know the facts.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Those who don`t want Sunday hunting use the excuse "Sunday is the Sabbath"....."A day of rest".......and "Landowners don`t want hunters on their property on Sunday".......But then they say it`s ok to look for your dogs on Sunday.......And looking for your dogs dosn`t sound like your resting to me..............and i do believe some of those dogs are on the same landowners property who say they don`t want hunters on their land on Sundays........These people are a bunch of HYPOCRITES......

Someday Virginia will have Sunday Hunting......
Old 02-02-2011, 06:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry ....Double post.....
Old 02-02-2011, 08:14 AM
Typical Buck

I had my fingers crossed, had sent a letter stating my being in favor, I vote and it still is not enough!!!
Old 02-02-2011, 09:14 AM
Fork Horn

yeah... we all knew this was a bill doomed from the start. Partly because it was submitted so late and was there really anykind of politiking to get others besides Peterson and Mardsen to vote yes?
The landowners as brewman555 said dont want it.... ugggg if they own the land then they can set the rules for thierown land and say.. "NO HUNTING ON SUNDAY"

Exerpts of Statement just released by Governor's DNR Secretary Doug Domenech:
“Hunting and other shooting sports are an important part of Virginia’s heritage. Each year, these activities make vital contributions that enhance the Commonwealth’s economy, natural resources and overall wellbeing."
"In addition, allowing Sunday hunting would result in significant economic growth including over $100 million in additional wages and approximately $300 million in overall economic benefit to the Commonwealth."
"In addition, the ban reduces by half the number of days that Virginia’s hard working citizens and students can take to the field."

Everyone should email Secretary Domenech and ask him to take this directly to the Governor, Maybe there's enough financial impact to influence the Governor to use his special powers, and force the law.
Its a stretch.... but its something...

And it still BOGGLES my mind that hunting groups testified against....
Old 02-02-2011, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Probably Dates to the Civil War

The legislators in Virginia are probably afraid the Confederate deer hunters will return and wipe out the entire whitetail deer herd of Virginia. Old memories sure do die hard.

A Rebel War Clerk's Diary
at the
Confederate States Capital [Richmond,Virginia]
by J.B. Jones

I noticed, to-day, eight slaughtered deer in one shop; and they are seen hanging at the doors in every street. The price is $3[Pg 135] per pound. Wild turkies, geese, ducks, partridges, etc. are also exposed for sale, at enormous prices, and may mitigate the famine now upon us. The war has caused an enormous increase of wild game. But ammunition is difficult to be obtained. I see some perch, chubb, and other fish, but all are selling at famine prices.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:49 PM
Spike

I have no dog in this fight, I'm from IN and we can hunt on Sundays. I have found that when I'm hunting I feel closer to God than any other time whether it's on a Sunday or a Monday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.