Senate Bill 850 Defeated >

Senate Bill 850 Defeated

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Senate Bill 850 Defeated

Old 02-08-2011, 07:49 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by vapahunter
Be carefull because they have banned people who do not agree with their way of aapproaching the problem. If you digress from their agenda they will cut you off. post there at your own risk.

The Facebook page didn't seem too crazy, at least not as crazy as the Alliance. I don't plan on posting at all. I enjoy reading some of the posts. All I want is for Virginia hunters to unite in regards to legalizing Sunday hunting. I know, I know, getting all the hunters in Virginia to unite against one thing is like saying there is nothing evil in the world; there is only puppies, rainbows, and sunshine all the time....
Old 02-09-2011, 03:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by VA5326
The Facebook page didn't seem too crazy, at least not as crazy as the Alliance. I don't plan on posting at all. I enjoy reading some of the posts. All I want is for Virginia hunters to unite in regards to legalizing Sunday hunting. I know, I know, getting all the hunters in Virginia to unite against one thing is like saying there is nothing evil in the world; there is only puppies, rainbows, and sunshine all the time....
If all the hunters united it would still be an uphill climb IMO.

If the people who are against hunting on Sundays would only wake up and see who they are supporting......directly and indirectly......they are in effect "sleeping with the enemy".

IMO everyone who is in favor of Sunday hunting needs to contact Senator Petersen and ask his opinion on what could possibly be done to gain support for this issue.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:25 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by VAhuntr
If all the hunters united it would still be an uphill climb IMO.

Agreed, but it's one major step in the right direction.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by VAhuntr
IMO everyone who is in favor of Sunday hunting needs to contact Senator Petersen and ask his opinion on what could possibly be done to gain support for this issue.
Already done. I sent an email the other day to all the Senators on the Agri & Natl Resources, that voted on SB 850.

I asked them all about the possibility of Sunday hunting on private land, only during archery season, and perhaps maybe even only one or two Sundays as a trial period?

I'm waiting a response...
Old 02-09-2011, 11:48 AM
Fork Horn

Default me too

I just wrote the committees that shot down all the bills for sunday hunting and told them that I wasn't allowing farmers, bikers, hunters or families on my private land on Sundays..... I'm waiting for a responce from ANY of the committee members that voted NO to sunday hunting telling me... Sir, its your land you can do what you want to on Sunday or anyother day for that matter.... Can you guess what my responce will be???? yep... EXACTLY.... its my land so why cant I hunt on Sunday on it?????

Old 02-09-2011, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ButchA
Already done. I sent an email the other day to all the Senators on the Agri & Natl Resources, that voted on SB 850.

I asked them all about the possibility of Sunday hunting on private land, only during archery season, and perhaps maybe even only one or two Sundays as a trial period?

Way to go Butch! Let us know what kind of responses you get.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:41 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by ButchA
Already done. I sent an email the other day to all the Senators on the Agri & Natl Resources, that voted on SB 850. I asked them all about the possibility of Sunday hunting on private land, only during archery season, and perhaps maybe even only one or two Sundays as a trial period?
ButchA,
Actually the House had 2 bills (see below) that addressed the very same issues. They were in House committees vice Senate Committees. These were tabled (killed) because of SB850. I already wrote the Delegates that sat this committee... everyone else should as well.

HB 2442 Hunting; allows a person to hunt any wild bird or wild animal on Sundays
HB 2443 Hunting deer; allows persons to hunt with a bow and arrow or crossbow on Sundays.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Alex G.
ButchA,
Actually the House had 2 bills (see below) that addressed the very same issues. They were in House committees vice Senate Committees. These were tabled (killed) because of SB850. I already wrote the Delegates that sat this committee... everyone else should as well.

HB 2442 Hunting; allows a person to hunt any wild bird or wild animal on Sundays
HB 2443 Hunting deer; allows persons to hunt with a bow and arrow or crossbow on Sundays.
Two problems with HB 2443. First, it would only allow archery/crossbow hunting on private lands in the Northern Virginia Planning District only. Second, it only specified deer hunting on Sunday, whereas the other bills(SB 850 and HB 2442) stated any wild bird or animal could be hunted on Sundays.

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...bil&val=hb2443
Old 03-06-2011, 09:14 PM
Spike

i hunt patrick county ,va . I'm from n.c. where we had just got the privelage to hunt on sundays on private land. i dont understand how i can go to a race in va on sunday buy alcohol or go to a concert but i cant go hunting on my on land??? really??? i can go to a topless bar but cant go hunting? and dont get me started on the baiting laws!
its against the law to bait in va but yet when you go to walmart theres your acorn rage and c'mere deer and you cant even use it. if you dont want to hunt on sunday then dont.if you dont want to bait fine dont but dont stand in the way of those that do!

i remember something about america being the land of the free life liberty and the pursuit of hapiness. well those folks that are voting "no" are standing in the way of alot of folks pursuit of hapiness. those same folks who work all week long and are refused the right to hunt on thier one day off? that aint right! virginia is a commonwealth which means the people are the law.we as sportsman and taxpayers in va have the power to change this there's technology at our disposal. We have a voice create a petition and i'll be the first to sign it.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by silent arrow
We have a voice create a petition and i'll be the first to sign it.
Petitions have been done, signed, sealed, and delivered numerous times over the years. A petition goes nowhere and actually gets laughed at, in a court of law.

I think a good way to get them, is to hit them right in the wallet. The state needs money? The DGIF needs money? Awwww, too bad... Give me Sunday hunting (even archery only on private land - i.e. like North Carolina) and I'll continue to hunt. No Sunday hunting? See ya... I'll quit hunting and/or go out of state.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.