Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 !!!!!* Updated 07/06*!!!!!Va Group/Club >

!!!!!* Updated 07/06*!!!!!Va Group/Club

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

!!!!!* Updated 07/06*!!!!!Va Group/Club

Old 07-23-2009, 06:00 AM
Fork Horn

Everyone has their own reasons for either joining or not joining a club. It depends on their personal preferences. Personally, I'm looking forward to the increased chance of taking larger animals and a longer season than I get hunting close to home.... west of the Blue Ridge and NOT NOVA by the way.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:02 AM
Fork Horn

Anything new in regards to by-laws and a date on when the dues need to be in.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:41 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by rick64
dude what's your problem, if your not interested fine, why do you need to hijack the thread?. Like i said, i don't know of a establish qdm (still hunt) club that doesn't have a waiting list. The due could be lower if they added more members, but that would detract from the hunting, to each there own. If that's not your thing, there's plenty of public land or other clubs.

And you obviously don't know much about nova, we have some good clubs, plenty of deer and there's a few folks that will let you hunt for free, if you ask.

do you feel better ? Its obvious you don't know much about this area.......dude
Old 07-23-2009, 12:40 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by srwshooter
do you feel better ? Its obvious you don't know much about this area.......dude
check your PM's
Old 07-23-2009, 12:42 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by popeye2
Everyone has their own reasons for either joining or not joining a club. It depends on their personal preferences. Personally, I'm looking forward to the increased chance of taking larger animals and a longer season than I get hunting close to home.... west of the Blue Ridge and NOT NOVA by the way.
Well put Popeye, different strokes......
Old 07-24-2009, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would have to agree about the reasons people would pay more then a grand to hunt in a club. I just joined a local club that has two major pieces of property, one in Surry County and the other in Charlotte county. Charlotte has over 3000 acres. And the club is a no dog club. It also practises QDM and the price is $435 annual dues.

1000 + dues is one of the reasons why people are talking about our sport turning into a rich mans sport!!!

Hopefully your will get what you pay for and be happy if your disposable income is that high.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:58 PM
Fork Horn

One key thing alot of people are over looking it the number of hunters we will have and the land itself...

-We will have 1 active hunter for every 100 acres of land give or take
-Our land is in one continuous tract, not broken into smaller tracts here and there, which is a huge advantage for QDM when you have that much land under QDM
-The neighboring 5000 acres is still hunt only and QDM managed for awhile, also there is another 700 or so acres on the other side of the tract that is also under QDM, putting in the neighborhood of 10,000 continuous acres in QDM mgmt.
-Our dues include more than a place to hunt, you get fishing, camping, trapping, sight in ranges - club house in the next year or so.

Like I have said I am not twisting anyone's arm, different strokes for different folks.

Another little tid bit of info, here is the link to the state harvest information, if you search Nelson and compare it to some counties that have been mentioned, and you go back 10 years. You will find Nelson has a higher overall harvest rate for the most part and in one instance it is lower overall but the number of bucks killed is higher. So the area the tract is in produces great numbers and you only have to go to the Western Sportsmans Show to see the Size of deer that come from the county.

I wish everyone the best of luck in their seasons this and in the coming years. Hopefully many great memories will be made by all no matter where you hang your stand!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/wildlif...vest/index.asp
Old 07-25-2009, 04:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Don't get me wrong, I wish you and the club all the best and success. Anytime we can keep the sport of hunting going is a plus!

Please keep us all in the loop on the club's success and post lots of pictures.
Old 07-25-2009, 04:43 AM
Fork Horn

rafsob--- I am hoping to be able to post some smilling faces this year and for years to come!!

Don't get me wrong either, having hunted the Northern Neck and Middle Peninsula for many years I know they have more than their share of "nailers" roaming the woods. I missed a 160 class deer this past fall in the 'Neck, makes me sick everytime I replay it.. was all shooter error lol

Anyway maybe you can get up there as a guest at some point, maybe even during rabbit season.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:30 AM
Fork Horn

Just letting everyone that emails were just sent out about 5 minutes ago, included were the application, dues schedule, rules and regs and a map. I believe I have my server issues worked out now, so if you did not get one let me know.

Justin

Quick Reply: !!!!!* Updated 07/06*!!!!!Va Group/Club

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.