!!!!!* Updated 07/06*!!!!!Va Group/Club >

!!!!!* Updated 07/06*!!!!!Va Group/Club

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

!!!!!* Updated 07/06*!!!!!Va Group/Club

Old 03-29-2009, 11:24 AM
Fork Horn

Default !!!!!* Updated 07/06*!!!!!Va Group/Club

I have been trying to get this thing up and running for awhile and it seems I finally have it moving along nicely. So now is the time for me to take the next step in the process which is establishing an list of interested sportsmen/women who would be interested in joining.

I am asking that if you are interested in getting in on the ground floor of this group then please send me an email with the following: contact info (name, phone, email, mailing address), a little history on you and your hunting experience (we will be taking all members from newbies to the sport to seasoned vets), types of game normally hunted. once you send me an email I will reply letting you know I got your information within 72 hours, if you do not hear from me then please send me another email letting me know, so that I can make sure you are in place on the list where you should be. Please feel free to ask any questions as well and I will do my best to answer them.

The club MAINLY be a primitive weapons club, this is not saying that there will be no shotguns/rifles allowed however this might be only on certain tracts or only certain periods of time. The reasoning behind this is largely due to landowner wishes. The final outcome will depend upon final talks with the landowners.

We will be practicing various QDM practices on leases. This will include food plots, forest and habitat improvements as well as restrictions on age/size of buck harvest. This too will be worked out and tailored to the properties.

Dues are a huge question everyone has I am sure. At this moment I do not have a amount for dues. The amount will be based on the amount needed to pay for leases/insurance and anything else such as food plot materials that we decide as a group we need/want. I am doing everything I can to keep the dues as affordable as possible. howeverkeep in mind that land leases are not cheap and leases with good genetics are even more. Another factor and question is going to be the total number of members, this will also depend on the total acreage we end up with. I want enough members so that is helps offset the dues, however I will not take so many members at any given time that makes it feel crowded or like a rush to get a place to hunt.

One other big thing is the bashing of other hunters and bickering like school kids and you stole my toy. There has been so much bashing of a person chosen style/method of hunting by other hunters that it is causing us to become divided. The last thing hunting as a whole needs is to be divided. I am easy going enough that I will support any hunter in their chosen methods so long as they are legal for their area. I do not condone or support poaching or illegal activities by any sportsmen. So there will be NO BASHING or badmouthing of any method of hunting. I welcome open discussions in regards to these and I respect everyones opinions but will not tolerate the drama as seen on this and many other boards.

The Main location of the club leases will be the Northern Neck area (King George, Richmond and Westmoreland counties). This is where we have been working with the leads we had. There are also some leads in the Caroline and Essex Areas as well that we will follow up on as soon as we tie the current ones down. We will also be looking toward the Stafford and Spotsy areas as well. We will obtain and lease that becomes available to us if it is worth doing so no matter the location (which means that there is the possibility of obtaining some Southern Md. land as well, but that will be further down the list, but not put off by any means.

I would like to say that we are trying to establish a group where fellowship and family values are key roles along with good stewardship of the land. We want this to be a place where members and their families look forward to heading out to and people they look forward to spending time with.

Having held various offices including President and Chair of the Board of Directors of a large club for a number of years I have seen what works and what doesn't. With this in mind we are forming this club based on the things that worked and forgoing the things that didn't or where not worth it. This way it helps to keep the bickering and drama that can rear it's ugly head in any group down so that more time can be spent enjoying the club and to keep out the trashy kind of members that can end up becoming a black eye for the club and causing problems.

Thanks for looking and I look forward to hearing from you all.

Justin

[email protected]
Old 04-03-2009, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Va Group/Club

Thanks for getting back to us on this idea. Sent you an email.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:03 AM
Typical Buck

sent you a PM a few days back.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

e-mail sent
Old 04-03-2009, 07:47 PM
Fork Horn

working on replying to all emails and pm's this weekend. I will be looking at another lease on sunday so I will be tied up part of the day. I want to thank everyone for responding and like I said I will be working on them.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:53 AM
Fork Horn

UPDATE*****

I spent Sunday looking at various tracts of land totaling around 4000 acres. After walking and riding all day I was came home and started pounding out final offer letters. All in all I sent out final offer letters on over 4000 acres of different tracts of land around the region. While awaiting response on those I have more land to go look at and decide if it is worth sending out letters for. I will be working that this week along with working on the club by-laws so that I can get copies out to all those interested. Also in all of this the club logo is being drawn up and as soon as it is complete I will post it for you all to see.

I am also working on returning all the emails in the next few days. I have tried to atleast acknowledge any emails I have gotten however I was buiser than expected.

If anyone else is interested let me know and of course any questions please feel fre to email me and ask away.

Thanks
Justin

Old 04-08-2009, 12:07 PM
Fork Horn

You need any help?
Old 04-20-2009, 01:51 PM
Fork Horn

Well guys it looks like we are another step closer to good hunting this year. I have spoke with the landowner and I believe the tract of over 1000 acres is going to be a done deal in the next few weeks! This tract also has a large amount of tidal creek frontage. It has a tract of over 400 acres that borders one side that is government controlled and does not get hunted as far as I know. The other side is bordered by a gentleman who owns sveral hundred acres that does not allow any hunting at all, so QDM will be excellent in this area! The property consistently produces trophy deer every year with no qdm program in place, so that genitcs are there.

I also have recieved some positive and promising responses from several other landowners that combined total an addidtional 900 or so acres. I am now working on finalizing the leases on these places..

Any questions drop me an email.

Thanks
Justin

I will probably be asking for some help in things coming up in the next few weeks so if anyone is interested in helping let me know.

Thanks
Old 04-20-2009, 02:39 PM
Fork Horn

Sounds like your getting all the pieces in place Justin.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:51 PM
Fork Horn

Seems like it is finally working out... I think a big part of what is helping me is all the contacts with landowners I have made over the years for this reason or that.

You will have to atleast come as a guest this year... and save your money for next year lol

I also want to let everyone know that it would be great if you all could start using [email protected] instead of the other email.. I am trying to consolidate everything relating to the club into one spot.

Thanks

Quick Reply: !!!!!* Updated 07/06*!!!!!Va Group/Club

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.