!!!!!* Updated 07/06*!!!!!Va Group/Club >

!!!!!* Updated 07/06*!!!!!Va Group/Club

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

!!!!!* Updated 07/06*!!!!!Va Group/Club

Old 06-29-2009, 04:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Va Group/Club

ORIGINAL: buckwild41

Sounds very interesting Primative Weapons only with QDM in place. I read through your post and it was not clear regarding the type of hunting you were looking at. Yes there are several of us in SE Va that would be interested in a few more details. Are you at a point where you can give an answer onwould running deer hounds be allowed, and wouldXBows be allowed? My group is most interested in your basic primative gear, recurves, side locks etc... so hounds and X Bows may not work for us depending on just how you lay out the regs.

Sounds like you are well on your way, best of luck and I look forward to the hearing more about this..
Why would xbows be prohibited in the club? If they are, then wouldn't any bows that are not long bows be included in that? That is if we are talking about primitive hunting. I don't remember this coming up before. Did I miss something?
Old 06-29-2009, 05:04 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: rafsob

ORIGINAL: buckwild41

Sounds very interesting Primative Weapons only with QDM in place. I read through your post and it was not clear regarding the type of hunting you were looking at. Yes there are several of us in SE Va that would be interested in a few more details. Are you at a point where you can give an answer onwould running deer hounds be allowed, and wouldXBows be allowed? My group is most interested in your basic primative gear, recurves, side locks etc... so hounds and X Bows may not work for us depending on just how you lay out the regs.

Sounds like you are well on your way, best of luck and I look forward to the hearing more about this..
Why would xbows be prohibited in the club? If they are, then wouldn't any bows that are not long bows be included in that? That is if we are talking about primitive hunting. I don't remember this coming up before. Did I miss something?
Justin will have to clarify this, but I think Buck may have misinterpreted some ofhis post. I can understand concerns with the use of hounds, but if another hunter uses a crossbow or a inline ML in the correct season it's not going to affect my hunting.

I'm in a club that has a large tract (2300 acres) that's archery only for the whole season. We allow crossbows,I have seenno negativeeffect from themat all and can't understand why anyone would think there would be any.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:50 AM
Fork Horn

Maybe it is not my fault for nto spelling it out.. there will be no hunting of deer with dogs by this club. Rabbits and various other game is another thing, but deer hunting will be "still" hunting only, only variance might be on some properties, toward the end of general firearms season, we may do some man drives if the deer movement has dwindled to nothing, just to get them moving, but that will be the decision of the organization as a whole as the time comes, and it may be something like the last day we do this, but the use of dogs for the purpose of deer hunting will not be allowed.

As far as crossbows I have to agree with rafsob and rick, what difference would the choice of archery or black powderequipment impact the hunt of someone else? I know there are some diehards that are dead set against crossbows being legal, personally I am not a fan of them, however if it is a legal weapon to hunt with, and that person is proficient with their choosen weapon then I will support their right to use that weapon, however the people that think they can shoot a crossbow ethically out to 100 yards are another story.

With the initial lease in Nelson we will be also looking into an additional 100 adjoining acres to this property that would give us complete control of all the land inside of a triangle of roads, so no worrying about what the neighbors will be doing as they will be on the other side of the road.

Old 06-29-2009, 12:11 PM
Fork Horn

Justin, Cant wait to see the update.

virginiashadow sorry to hear that lease fell apart. Hope you came out of that alright.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:04 PM
Fork Horn

Easy guys, never said any method was bad only asked a few unanswered or un clear questions. As for me personally the deer hound issue would be a deciding factor, the X Bows no big deal but some may think differently? Like someone said above XBows, compounds, In Lines, nothing primative about them, it is the still hunting only part that is most appealing for me.

If I am still welcome after me first question please forward the information as it becomes available..

Must be these 90 degree days we're having
Old 06-30-2009, 06:36 AM
Fork Horn

Buck, you are more than welcome, shoot me a email at [email protected] , let me know that you are contacting me from here and your screen name. We will be looking at the nelson tract on friday morning finally, as well as cruising the neighboring tracts to see if they are worth making offers on. The By-laws will be sent out for everyone's review and the General Rules and Regualtion draft is being worked on currently. Dues will be announced the first of next week after our trip to Nelson, one of the main reasons being is this landowner says they may also have some other tracts in the same region that they would like to offer us, so depending unpon the outcome of friday, we may end up with more than the original amount though out in the Nelson County area, but I am not going to get too wound up about it, as I have had the air let out of me too many times this year with land dealings. At thispoint a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush so I am going to lock up what ever I can and whatever falls into our lap after the fact we will decide as a group what to do with them.

I also will be scheduling our first meeting after Friday as well.

We attended the meeting last night in regards to the special needs kids and it was a wonderful experience, the club will be involved in a few different aspects with this cause, from hosting some fishing and camping events to other things. We are working on trying to provide hunting outings for those kids that have had the door to the outdoors closed to them due to their needs, we are going to be the ones to open the door for these kids.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:11 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks will send a pm....
Old 07-06-2009, 06:47 AM
Fork Horn

Alright... went and looked at the Nelson County tract and all I can say is wow, I took some pics I will try to post later today. I will be sending out the big email everyone has been waiting for today or tomorrow. It will have dues etc in it.

I was hoping to have it sent out yesterday, however we spent all night on the 4th in the ER with Brody (our 8 month old) so one long long long night in the ER, a 1/2" incision, two antibiotics and one very upset little man later we were heading home watching the sun rise. I have to say that is the most helpless feeling in the world, watching my son screaming in fear and pain, reaching for me or his mom to pick him up looking at us like why won't you help me while they worked on him. It was truly heartbreaking and gutwrenching.

Anyway I am working on getting information typed up and sent out while taking care of little man.

Old 07-08-2009, 02:52 AM
Fork Horn

Emails with information on dues etc. went out this morning. If you did not recieve one, send me a email at [email protected] and let me know you are from this board and did not get the email. I will get it right out to you!

Justin
Old 07-13-2009, 05:54 AM
Fork Horn

I have found some pictures of some of the animals that came off this tract last season, if you are interested in the club and are wanting to see them then email me and let me know.

Quick Reply: !!!!!* Updated 07/06*!!!!!Va Group/Club

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.