VIRGINIA RUT WATCH! >

VIRGINIA RUT WATCH!

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

VIRGINIA RUT WATCH!

Old 11-15-2008, 04:44 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: VIRGINIA RUT WATCH!

Still not seeing any bucks chasing does. I wentyestarday eveningand hunted the field edge in a covered blind since it was raining. Seen 6 does and watchedthemfor about an hour and not the first buck in sight? I got 4 different bucks on my trail camera in 2 nights after making some mock scrapes but all after dark.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:22 AM

I hunt in NOVA. Anyone seeing any rutting activity? This week looks to be the first week of solid cold weather. Will next weekend (11/22) be agood day?
Old 11-16-2008, 03:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 20Woodsmen08

I hunt in NOVA. Anyone seeing any rutting activity? This week looks to be the first week of solid cold weather. Will next weekend (11/22) be agood day?
You bet. The chasing phase is going to become really evident within a day or two, maybe by tomorrow.
Old 11-16-2008, 05:12 PM
Spike

Where I hunt in Prince William County, on Saturday the bucks were chasing like crazy before the rain started.
Old 11-16-2008, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was in Loudoun on Saturday and saw no chasing...on Friday I was in Prince William and had a doe come running by with a buck right behind.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:46 AM

Is there anyone on here that hunts south west va? If so have you seen any rutting activity? I have been several times to diff places and I havent seen any yet, I have seen a few does but thats about it? I am new to the forum but this is a great topic!
Old 11-17-2008, 07:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Saw a lone doe run across the road at 8am this morning at warp speed...she was nailed and flipped up into the air by a car...was a sick sight. She ran off with a broken front leg. I guess a buck was on her tail.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:41 AM
Typical Buck

there starting to get on it. Saturday morning i saw bucks cruising for doe's at my place in loudoun. Had a meeting that day so i couldnt sit all day, but went out in the evening in Fairfax and a big 8 was held up with a doe under my stand when i walked in, she was hot and he only cared about her. Couldnt get a shot with my bow. Sunday i saw them chase across the field at my dads farm in the middle of the day. Friend texted me this morning saying the fawns are grouping up and have no doe's with them, another good sign. Seeing young bucks following does too!
Old 11-17-2008, 07:48 AM

That is great news! I have a feeling this week will get them going. Saturday turned out to be a wash and the warm temps did not help. I hope they are tearing the woods down.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:03 AM
Typical Buck

Just got a call from my friend. He was hunting my farm in loudoun while im stuck at work, but he just shot a 4.5 yr old 7 point chasing a doe! Says his body is ridiculous. Id say its getting good

Quick Reply: VIRGINIA RUT WATCH!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.