Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 all the fwc officers must be in green swamp >

all the fwc officers must be in green swamp

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

all the fwc officers must be in green swamp

Old 01-02-2008, 01:32 PM
Fork Horn

Default all the fwc officers must be in green swamp

called them on 12/23 about some activity we saw in n.fl . they returned my call on 12/31. they will need a cold nosed bloodhound to find that person..........tony
Old 01-02-2008, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: all the fwc officers must be in green swamp

thats one thing they need.........more officers.......i saw one out at Bullcreek yesterday, lol......
Old 01-03-2008, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know how that is hycohounds, they are never aroundthe couple times a year when you actually need them. I cant tell you the last time i have saw a FWC officer in the woods. Maybe 3 years ago! Our hunting club members pretty much keep each other straight, but i am surprised they dont visit the WMA near my club more often. Iknow my county has 4 FWC officers at least... WTF?
Old 01-03-2008, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

a bunch of the FWC officers were in Green Swamp this last weekend because of the dead hunter. in case no one heard, a hunter was found dead early this week. he had been reported missing by his son when he never left the woods. apparently he shot a buck while hunting. when he was dragging the deer out of the woods, he suffered a heart attack and died.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:39 PM
Fork Horn

CamoCop,

How sad.... Earlier this year, CNN had a news report saying that hunting was dangerous because of people over exerting. They said if you are old or have heart conditions that you risk a heart attack. I know how hard it is to drag a deer in good terrain I cannot image deep in the swamps.

Maybe I should get a deer cart. I could probuably use this as an excuse and get the wife to approve it. (-:

Old 01-04-2008, 06:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: guntercb

CamoCop,

How sad.... Earlier this year, CNN had a news report saying that hunting was dangerous because of people over exerting. They said if you are old or have heart conditions that you risk a heart attack. I know how hard it is to drag a deer in good terrain I cannot image deep in the swamps.

Maybe I should get a deer cart. I could probuably use this as an excuse and get the wife to approve it. (-:

My dad has used one of those carts for 3 years now and they work great, when he cant get his 4 wheeler into the stand. He had suffered from double hernas and couldnt lift at allso the cart was a lifesaver. Icarted one outthis year for him and if i wasn't in need of the exercisei would buy a cart for my use.

I saw that CNN report too.First thing i though about is that will probably be the way my old man will leave here. I have to say though if you dont get worked up about shooting a good buck then you need to quit hunting anyway.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have a cart and it does make it easier. the 8 point i shot this year took me an hour and fifteen minutes to get out with the cart. the cart don't make it easy, just easier.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:50 PM
Spike

Yep, My dad C7 was there Tues. morning and was told to go back home if he was planning to hunt Powder..so he went home. We are both saddened by the hunter's death.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:08 PM

I did not hear of this until now reading......im saddened....at the same time feel if this man was out in the woods doing what he loved..he may have not wanted it any other way....My blessings go out to the family.