Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Officers In The Woods (GREEN SWAMP) >

Officers In The Woods (GREEN SWAMP)

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Officers In The Woods (GREEN SWAMP)

Old 12-30-2007, 07:48 AM

Default Officers In The Woods (GREEN SWAMP)

I heard in a earlier post that someone had witnessed FWC officers out in the woods of greenswamp. Well i have now witnessed a ladder stand marked with a tag "Property of FWC". Has anyone seen these out there? What would be the reason they would set up stands? For the 1% that like tosteal peoples stands off WMA properties, would love for you to head out of the woods with one of these on your back as that FWC officer pulls up hahaaaa...
Anyways, all the yrs ive been out there i have never ran across this, ive seen them out and about but never with equipment set up out there.
Old 12-31-2007, 01:54 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Officers In The Woods (GREEN SWAMP)

Jlbspd,

I would like to know what they use the ladder stands for too. My guess is that they use it like we do to give them a higher advantage to see what other hunters are doing. Or they may use it to do game counts in an area. How knows, I just like to see them out in the field with us.

Old 12-31-2007, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would presume they are for the biologists use in areas where track counts are notafeasible way to conduct evaluations. Just a guess though, track count surveys are more efficient. Is this an area of special concern species? Could be for anything....
Old 01-02-2008, 08:51 AM

Im glad to see them out and about too. Think with more presence of them around, we wont have so many "tards" in the woods taking what they shouldnt, whether that be game or others equipment. Thinking the FWC ladder wasnt for hunting purposes, dont think i wasnt tempted to climb and take a look hahaaaa kidding.... well, a few more days and we are done in the swamp for a while. Good luck guys!
Old 01-02-2008, 10:17 AM
Fork Horn

Hey if it is a FWC ladderstanddid our stamp and tax money buy it? Then why could you not hunt out of it? Seems to me it is part ours. OK, just kidding, but if it is an a good location I would have thought the same.

Someone will have to post the final game checked counts at Green Swamp. What a hard place to hunt.

Old 01-02-2008, 05:52 PM
Fork Horn

Talked to a buddy about this last year.(fwc officer) Most managment areas allow you to put your stands up the day before the season and request they be removed a day after the season. If not removed, it becomes the states property, classified as "abandoned". Thus, they tag it, lock it, and mark GPS to be picked up by FWC maintanance. Then they are either donated or auctioned.....
Old 01-03-2008, 06:52 AM

I like where your heads at guntercb hahahaaa but for some reason, i dont think they would be real happy finding me passed out in the stand, snoring with a half bag of eat'n Cheeto's spilled all around the stand hahaha wait....maybe this is why i havent shot anything this year...hmmmmm lol
but all seriousness... its still season in the swamp, if they actually take "abandoned" equipment, its a bit too early to start tagging. Anywho....just found it interesting...it didnt appear it had been used anytime lately, no foot prints on the steps..a few around the base but i think its people checking it out just as i did. What ever the reasons they are there, its a good thing imo. Im hitting the swamp proabably Sun. Last chance to fill the spot on my wall with something. wish me luck lol!
Old 01-03-2008, 09:05 AM
Fork Horn

Jlbspd,

Good luck.... If there are Cheetos spilled under you stand would that be considered baiting. [8D] How can you sleep with bugs biting you? Your thermocell or bug spray must work better than mine. Either way always nice to get in the woods. Get the big one....

Strutnbuck, thanks for the update on abondonded stands. I saw a nice climber over the summer at Green Swamp and wondered what the rules on abonded stands were. This fall it was gone. Don't know if the orginal owner got it or the state.

Old 01-05-2008, 09:16 PM

Ok....its 11:30 pm and my butt needs to get some sleep...getting in the woods before daybreak tomarrow (Sunday). Last day to fill the bed of my truck...and hope to put a nice head on the wall....shot in the dark since all ive seen this season is doe doe doe.....
Old 01-06-2008, 05:18 PM
Fork Horn

It might be bait for a thief.
There could be a hidden IR trail cam to get pics of someone tampering
with it.

Quick Reply: Officers In The Woods (GREEN SWAMP)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.