Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Green Swamp

Old 12-17-2005, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Green Swamp

for everyone who hunts there could ya'll help me out on finding somewhere to hunt there??? i've been hunting in richloam just north of there but would like to have some more alternatives on places to hunt. in a previous post someone said someting about a terra server map with some spots marked on it. i was just wondering if anyone would be willing to do that for me. it would be much appreciated.
Old 12-18-2005, 06:14 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Green Swamp

Sorry I took so long to respond . I just saw your post. I hunt there every week. Pointing you to the game is no problem. Getting set up in a bayhead is a different story. The deer and hogs are in teh thick cypress bay heads anywhere on Powder Grade. Left or right. In order to score you are going to have to hunt in the bayheads which takes courage and skill. I will post a map if I can.
Chuck7
Old 12-18-2005, 06:25 AM
Dominant Buck

Sorry ...file is too large. I had a map made out for ya.
Old 12-18-2005, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

hey if you want you can pm or email it to me. [email protected]
Old 12-18-2005, 09:29 AM
Dominant Buck

OK it's on it's way.
Chuck E-mail
Old 12-18-2005, 09:33 AM
Dominant Buck

If you are coming any distance ...think about it. Only a very small percentage score. The pros ...who are not afraid to hunt in the dangerous bayheads. Sitting on the outside usually does not produce. The animals are pretty much nocturnal.
Chuck7
Old 12-18-2005, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

it isn't all that far of a drive. i live in leesburg. i've been driving to richloam and it isn't green swamp isn't too much further from richloam. have you ever hunted inside of the loop of the river that's just west of powder grade that's just south of the florida trail. that seems like it would be a good place. is the water deep enough to need hip waders?? i know it is in parts of richloam??
Old 12-18-2005, 12:20 PM
Dominant Buck

I was there last week. You better have boots on as soon as you get out of your vehicle. DO you hunt by yourself. I do . I've been looking for someone to hunt the Green Swamp with. I'm a married Christian school teacher. Alcoihol and drug free. Father of 3. I am off till Jan.5th and plan to hunt the weekdays . Oh .....From Powder to Tran is 2 miles. I generaaly walk about 1 mile off Powder toward Tanic. Lot's of game but very difficult to hunt.
CHuck7
Old 12-18-2005, 04:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

i was in richloam yesterday but didn't have time to get down to green swamp. i had wanted too but ran out of time between getting my truck stuck and unstuck and finding a guy's dog near 471 and being a good person and finding the guy. but for the most part i hunt by myself. occasionally i hunt with one of about 3 other people. i'm a 16 year old junior. i really don't like starting out in an area that i don't know anything about so. the only reason why i ended up at richloam is because i went out there with a friend.
Old 12-18-2005, 06:31 PM
Dominant Buck

I would be glad to hunt with ya. I'm very safe. I took another teacher out there last week ...and LOL he ain't cut out for swamp hunting.
I generaaly go in by the Rockridge gate. I drive a 2000 Ford Explorer White. If ya see me stop and say hi. I hunt alone. I do my serious hunting out of state but I know there is game in the Green Swamp..yeah just got to out smart them.
Chuck7

Quick Reply: Green Swamp

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.