Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Oklahoma Deer hunting... >

Oklahoma Deer hunting...

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Oklahoma Deer hunting...

Old 02-12-2007, 07:05 PM

Default RE: Oklahoma Deer hunting...

Yeah I need to go out and scout some public lands and find me some areas before season starts. Should be fun..Anyone know if Arcadia has ever been opened for deer hunting?
Old 02-12-2007, 07:51 PM
Typical Buck

I believe it is,I dont know the particulars on it though. Also look into Lake thunderbird, Hopefully I will spend my bow season there and my gun season at altus-lugert. I may not get to spend much time in the woods this next season. I just found out yesterday that my fiance is pregnant. Ill have to set aside my hobbies for a while but then ill have a hunting buddy in the future. Also I was out twice last week for quail out at Lexington, man the deer are everywhere now that the season is over.Ill send you a pm with some more info.
Old 02-12-2007, 07:58 PM
Typical Buck

My comp is acting up so I may have to send you that pm later tonight.

Also I took that slug barrel out to lexington to sight it in for a hog hunt im doing saturday. I was getting 5-6 inch groups at 100 yards. And I know I can improve that with somemore shooting time. I actually didnt think any slug would get even a 10 inch grouping at 100 yards, but I was wrong. Oh yeah im shooting Lightfield hybreds 2 3/4 from bass pro. 10.99 a box of 5, but I guess they are worth it
Old 02-13-2007, 04:13 AM

Thanks for the PM davs201, definitely some good info. I'll go do some scouting as the season gets closer. Yep I have two kids about to be 5 and 4 and I just not able to get into hunting. I did some as a kid but life took many turns and never was able to continue until now. I feel so green as I don't even remember how to properly field dress a deer..Oh well relearn all the stuff my grandpa taught me years and years ago.. Last season was the first time I had shot a rifle since I was 16 and well that was 18 years ago.. Anyways enjoy the kiddo and after he gets a bit older you will be able to get out. Heck both my son and daughter are anxious to get out and do some hunting. my daughter always asks me when I am going to bring home that dead deer..lol

Wow that's pretty amazing for a slug barrel. I know everything I have been told and read said it's not suppose to be accurate at all. So that's likely pretty darn good with little practice. I just ordered my slug barrel and will have to sight in once it gets here. Should be interesting to see how well it shoot. Those slugs are pretty darn pricey all around.

Anyways again thanks for the info much appreciated. If you get time this season we'll have to hook for a hunt whether it be deer or hogs.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:02 AM
Typical Buck

Im up for a hog hunt, The next few weeks are busy for me but after that Im up for it. I have heard Love Valley WMA has a ton of hogs
Old 02-15-2007, 11:32 AM

ORIGINAL: davs2601

Im up for a hog hunt, The next few weeks are busy for me but after that Im up for it. I have heard Love Valley WMA has a ton of hogs
Yeah February is definitely out for me way to many tests. Let's try to set something up in March sometime. PM me and I'll drop you my phone number and we can work out details a bit later. Maybe I will have a bow by then and some practice under my belt if you want to go at it with a bow or a rifle is fine with me as well.
Old 02-17-2007, 09:47 PM
Fork Horn

try kaw lake,near ponca cityits a trip but may be worth a look see
Old 02-18-2007, 05:35 PM

http://www.edmondok.com/recreation/arcadia_lake/arcadia_programs_events.html#deer_harvest

Here is the link to Arcadai Lake hunting.