HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Oklahoma Deer hunting...
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2007, 04:13 AM
okchunter

Default RE: Oklahoma Deer hunting...

Thanks for the PM davs201, definitely some good info. I'll go do some scouting as the season gets closer. Yep I have two kids about to be 5 and 4 and I just not able to get into hunting. I did some as a kid but life took many turns and never was able to continue until now. I feel so green as I don't even remember how to properly field dress a deer..Oh well relearn all the stuff my grandpa taught me years and years ago.. Last season was the first time I had shot a rifle since I was 16 and well that was 18 years ago.. Anyways enjoy the kiddo and after he gets a bit older you will be able to get out. Heck both my son and daughter are anxious to get out and do some hunting. my daughter always asks me when I am going to bring home that dead deer..lol

Wow that's pretty amazing for a slug barrel. I know everything I have been told and read said it's not suppose to be accurate at all. So that's likely pretty darn good with little practice. I just ordered my slug barrel and will have to sight in once it gets here. Should be interesting to see how well it shoot. Those slugs are pretty darn pricey all around.

Anyways again thanks for the info much appreciated. If you get time this season we'll have to hook for a hunt whether it be deer or hogs.