Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Oklahoma Hunters >

Oklahoma Hunters

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Oklahoma Hunters

Old 11-07-2006, 08:39 PM

Default RE: Oklahoma Hunters

Great job Mike! I am going to try and sneak down to the south eastern part of the state before season ends. There are some really nice bucks down in that part of the state.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:55 PM

Nice high rack congrats.
Old 11-10-2006, 10:55 AM
Fork Horn

Good deer! What about your buddy's buck, got any pics of that one?
Old 11-13-2006, 06:25 PM

I LIVE AND HUNT IN GRADY & CADDO COUNTY'S KILLED NICE 19'' WIDE PERFECT 8PT @ 6:45 AM ON 11-11-2006 FIELD DRESS 140# 3 1/2 YRS OLD 10 YRD SHOT. MONDAY THE 13TH DRIVING HOME FROM WORK SAW ONE 8 PT AT 4:45 PM OUT BROUSING THEN 5 MILES FROM THERE SAW A NICE BUCK TENDING A DOE RIGHT OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF SOME CPR GRASS. NECK SWELL ON BUCKS BOY'S THE RUT IS KICKING OFF IN CENTRAL OKLAHOMA BETTER TAKE THE DAY OFF AND GET YOUR STICK AND STRING OUT. BEFORE THE SHOOTING STARTS. GOOD LUCK ULTIMATE PREDATOR!
Old 11-17-2006, 06:26 AM
Spike

The poaching here in LeFlore county is a real problem. Then we havethe migration of hunters from Tulsa, Okc, Texas etc. The public lands fill up fast. All these people and four wheelers running pell nell through the woods make it hard to hunt with any kind of a plan at all. Private property is the way to go, but be ready to deal with tresspassers. If we could enforce the laws the hunting here would be incredible.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:28 AM
Typical Buck

I opened up the outdoor section of the Oklahoman the other day to see a full page article about deer hunting and the 2005 harvest report, etc. To my dissapointment the 2 counties my farm land is in was listed as the "worst" counties for deer hunting That is just making me work that much harder to fill my tag. I have seen plenty of deer during archery season, but nothing close enough to shoot. I have also been holding out for bucks to try and help the population down here.

Good luck and hunt safe
Old 11-22-2006, 04:24 PM

The buck that I killed with a M/L on 12 November had a slightly swollen neck. Went bow huntingon Ft. Sill last evening and the evening before. If there is a rut it is not noticeable here. Does running all over by themselves-no bucks in sight. This is the guy I got on the 12th.

Old 11-23-2006, 06:31 AM
Fork Horn

Having that label is a blessing really. You won't have the influx of trespassers and poachers that the 'best' counties have. By the way, most of those 'best' counties have tiny deer...they just have a lot of them. If you ever want some help laying out a habitatplan for your property, just drop me a line. I'm sure you'd be have all kinds of good deer within range before long.

ORIGINAL: ryanaller

I opened up the outdoor section of the Oklahoman the other day to see a full page article about deer hunting and the 2005 harvest report, etc. To my dissapointment the 2 counties my farm land is in was listed as the "worst" counties for deer hunting That is just making me work that much harder to fill my tag. I have seen plenty of deer during archery season, but nothing close enough to shoot. I have also been holding out for bucks to try and help the population down here.

Good luck and hunt safe
Old 11-23-2006, 06:32 AM
Fork Horn

Great deer, alsaqr!

ORIGINAL: alsaqr

The buck that I killed with a M/L on 12 November had a slightly swollen neck. Went bow huntingon Ft. Sill last evening and the evening before. If there is a rut it is not noticeable here. Does running all over by themselves-no bucks in sight. This is the guy I got on the 12th.