Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Arkansas rubs and scrapes >

Arkansas rubs and scrapes

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Arkansas rubs and scrapes

Old 10-15-2006, 07:11 AM

Default Arkansas rubs and scrapes

Anyone out there from along the west central border of Arkansas seeing alot of rubs and scrapes? I got a ton of them up on the ridge but don't smell a single one of them with any urine in them. there's some 12 inch pines ripped to shreds.....BIG bucks......wondering around looking for ladys..... just wondered if anyone else has been seeing the same.
Old 10-17-2006, 01:01 PM
Spike

Default RE: Arkansas rubs and scrapes

Your right last weeks cold snap put them in gear, i've found a slew of scrapes and rubs.
Old 10-18-2006, 12:14 PM
Fork Horn

there rubing in north west ar but there just shuckin velvet end get their perimeters lined out
Old 10-20-2006, 09:40 PM
Fork Horn

only saw one scrape today will walking to and from deer stand. don't think it's been cold enough in south Arkansas yet to get them started, but this week may get them going. saw plenty of activity around my salt blocks. one had the ground in a 8 foot circle chewed and scraped up and a hole about a foot deep around the block. block i put out in March is almost 2/3 gone now. maybe i'll see a few there later on. be safe and good hunting-Bill
Old 10-21-2006, 12:13 AM

Up in my neck of the woods (around Lincoln) I have found very good and very active rub lines and trails that have been in use very recently.
Old 10-21-2006, 03:26 AM

I went up yesterday to put a stand up and they're just tearing the hell out of the area. there's either alot of smaller bucks that are following each other around or a few that are doing nothing but going from tree to tree seeing who can rip up the ground and tree the best. I still haven't smelled that real hard scent of urine yet though. Alot of years I walk back in there and it smells like an overflowing outhouse at a single outhouse kegger and pig roast..... Shouldn't be long now though, it's starting to frost in the mornings up here by Shady. Good luck to yall.........