Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Southern Deer outfitter recommendations ? >

Southern Deer outfitter recommendations ?

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Southern Deer outfitter recommendations ?

Old 11-27-2005, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Southern Deer outfitter recommendations ?

Hello,
I was thinking of trying something different and thought a combo deer and hog hunt would be a blast. Can anybody recommend a good lodge/outfitter that would give a small group of us a reasonable chance at both deer and hogs. Not too picky as to which state but have read that Alabama tends to have decent sized deer. I looked into the Bostick plantation but quickly crossed that off the list due to the negative feedback I got. Not looking for trophy animals and I have no problem harvesting does either. I would be taking a couple rookies with me so they would be happy to harvest about any deer. I take deer every year up here in Canada but am thinking of taking my archery equipment down. So, is there such a place where one could realistically expect to harvest at least one deer ( buck or doe ) and a hog during thier stay ? Thanks.
Old 11-27-2005, 02:35 PM

Default RE: Southern Deer outfitter recommendations ?

If you don't mind spending $300 for an out-of-state deer license, a trip to www.huntingwithjeff.com will give you as close to a guarantee as possible.

I hunted hogs there last year, and Jeff was offering does for $150 or $200 each--and everywhere I went, whitetails (especially does) were all over the place.

Lots and lots (and lots) of hogs, too.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:17 AM
Spike

Islandplantation.com this is part of the Bostic plantation in S.C. and they have some awsome combo hunts.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Islandplantation.com this is part of the Bostic plantation in S.C. and they have some awsome combo hunts.
coachsteve,
Thanks for the reply. Have you actually used this outfit or know anybody who has ? The reason I ask is that in doing some research the feedback I am getting from Bostic is so far 100% very negative. Thanks again.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:04 PM

Ive hunted atHunting with Jeff(www.huntingwithjeff.com) before for exotics and I got my hunters certification(i was 13 at the time, im 16 now) because he runs a few youth "seminars" every summer. He has some monster deer, which are amazing to watch. Some of his hunting land is high fenced, as you can see by his website, but parts of it are not. It doesnt make a difference either way if you hunt hogs behind a high fence or not because there are so many of them in south texas its riduculous. Another outfitter you might want to try is http://www.wildlifesystems.com/. Either way you wont go wrong. Hogs are pretty much considered varmints on my lease, but for someone who has never shot any before they are quite fun to hunt. If you are interested in a good deer hunt in the south, South Texas is the place to go. If you dont necesarily want a trophy deer you can hunt for managment bucks which by other places in the south's standards would be considered trophies. Put it this way there is no shortage of deer or hogs in texas, if you hunt with any reputable outfitter in south texas you and all your freinds should have shot oppurtunies at both deer and hogs. Another plus is that most of the places you would hunt in south texas are no more than a 2 hours drive from the San Antonio airport. Good luck to you.