Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Outfitter Recommendations? Antelope/Mule Deer >

Outfitter Recommendations? Antelope/Mule Deer

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Outfitter Recommendations? Antelope/Mule Deer

Old 06-09-2005, 06:11 AM

Default Outfitter Recommendations? Antelope/Mule Deer

Hello, All -

It's been a while since I posted and I thought I'd drop in.

My girlfriend and I would like to plan our first western hunt in the fall of 06 and I would appreciate any recommendations. While I'd love to chase elk, it seems from my internet searching that they are now only for traveling hunters with greater means than I. So, she would like a shot at an antelope and I'd like mule deer. We will be looking for a guided hunt with a respectable outfit, most preferrably someone who has guided women before.

Do you have any recommendations on outfitters/locations? We are quite open at this point as to the state.

Thank you very much!
Old 06-09-2005, 12:34 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Outfitter Recommendations? Antelope/Mule Deer

I outfit in South Dakota and WY for the species your looking for and have taken several female clients before. My mother also guides for me. Are you rifle or archery hunters? Please browse through my web site at www.huntsd.net for pictures and prices. Thanks Randy
Old 06-09-2005, 12:37 PM

I've hunted with 7-V Ranch near Brusset, MT. Outfitter sponsored deer tags are expensive at $775, but you know you can get one. Antelope tags are draw only, and you might not know if you draw until mid August. It's a family run organization for the lodge and the hunting. The men do the guiding and the women run the lodge, so I know your girlfirend would be well taken care of. The owners are Ross and Kelly Childers and you can call them at (406) 557-2845. You might also look them up at www.7-vranch.com. The last two weeks of antelope season is also the first two weeks of deer rifle season. I think archery seasons have overlap as well, and those antelope tags are unlimited, as are elk tags.
Old 06-09-2005, 06:18 PM

Check with some of the outfitters that advertise on here., There is one from Greybull WY that does pretty good and will take good care of you! Tangle Ridge outfitters.

Or try a do-it-yourself! If you want info on areas or need help pm me!
Old 06-10-2005, 06:20 AM

Thank you very much for your help! I will do some investigating.

I would like to try a do it yourselfer, but frankly, I know enough about hunting to know that I don't know it all. Having only hunted in the east, I think I would be putting myself at a severe disadvantage.
Old 06-24-2005, 03:56 PM

I recommend Whitetail Creek Outfitters. Every year they take one or more Pope & Young Antelope and occassionally a boone and Crockett or two. Brad Pearson & Keith LeMay are very easy to deal with and I have never had a problem with a hunter coming back from them who was unhappy. They are right near Devils Tower and have a wonderful selection of Muleys, Antelope and Whitetails and a great Turkey population. I always like outfitters that donate to worthy causes as well and these guys put there money into conservation. They were just featured on Ghost Stories on the Outdoor Channel and they shot a great looking Muley buck.

Check out their website at www.whitetailcreek.com.

If you are looking for ELK /Mule Deer please check out our website at www.gotelk.com we still have hunts available for 2005 and 2006.

Kevin Paulson