South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Lyme Disease

Old 09-09-2005, 08:34 AM
M38
Spike

Default Lyme Disease

Founda "bullseye" rash on my right thigh yesterday & went to the doctor last night. He thinks it is Lyme disease, but we won't know for sure until the blood test results are in. I went squirrel hunting on Sat. & Mon. at CF Phelps WMA & did walk through some tall grass on Monday, which maybe were the tick got me. So I'm on Amoxicillin for three weeks & then another blood test.
I should have used DEET!
Old 09-09-2005, 08:45 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Lyme Disease

Good luck with the treatments.
Old 09-09-2005, 04:46 PM
Typical Buck

I have a friend that was diagnosed with Lyme ..... Same stuff, bullseye rash, always tired and a little sick also..... He is on a very stong antibiotic for three weeks , three times a day and then it tapers off over a three month period.... it you let it go it can kill you or damage your organs......
Old 09-10-2005, 06:44 AM
M38
Spike

Thanks Champlain Islander!
Tuffbroadhead- that's the way I feel, tired
Old 09-11-2005, 06:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

thank God you found the bullseye, my BIL didnt know for 3-4 years that he had it and is living in pain each and every day....you caught it soon, so be thankful, i'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers
Old 09-11-2005, 08:57 AM
Fork Horn

Good luck with the meds, I live a few miles from Phelps WMA & my bird dog was diag. with Lymes this past spring.A friends rabbit dog was diag. with Lymes around the same time. It was a good thing you noticed it so quickly, theworst damage occurs if it's left untreated. After the 30 day treatment (4 pills a day-the dog & I did not enjoy) he was acting like a pup. I guess this is going to be something to watch out for during the early hunting seasons.
Old 09-11-2005, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

what was the signs in your dog ? i have heard of them getting it, but never heard the symptoms.........
Old 09-11-2005, 07:39 PM
Fork Horn

My dog was just acting like he had arthritis in his hips, the only time I noticed any problem was after I worked him out and when he was in his kennel he had problems sitting and raising back up. My friend's beagle was having serious problems with his front legs.My Vets does a test for Lymeswhen they do the heartworm test. She said it wasnot unusualfor hunting dogs to contract Lymes and they can haveit and not show any symptoms for a year or more. I think there is alot they don't know about it in humans and dogs[/align]