Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

crosman 1377

Old 04-25-2005, 12:32 PM

Default crosman 1377

i just bought the Crosman 1377 and i was wondering if it has enough stopping power to take squirrel. I plan on getting the shoulder stock and mounting a scope. If you can help me out it would appreciated......thanks
Old 04-27-2005, 09:32 PM

Default RE: crosman 1377

I have one and love it. I've dropped ground squirrels with it. Hell, it has enough power to drop a rabbit for that matter. However, you will have to work on your stalking in close, and use pointed pellets and headshots. It's effective range with a headshot on a squirrel is probably about 20 yards. As long as you do your part, you should be alright. Oh, and if you plan on mounting a scope, you will have to order some dovetail mounts for it. You can get them at pyramydair.com for about 10 bucks plus shipping. Good luck.
Old 04-28-2005, 12:06 PM

thanx a lot. i really appreciate ur help. i do plan on mounting a scope, cause i really don't care for the sights. i've shot about a can of pellets with it so far just practicing. it's accurate to about 15 yards with the copperhead hunting pellets. the box said use flat head, but i don't knwo if that will kill game.

thanks again.
Old 04-28-2005, 02:07 PM

ORIGINAL: sickenemy187

thanx a lot. i really appreciate ur help. i do plan on mounting a scope, cause i really don't care for the sights. i've shot about a can of pellets with it so far just practicing. it's accurate to about 15 yards with the copperhead hunting pellets. the box said use flat head, but i don't knwo if that will kill game.

thanks again.
Don't use wadcutter pellets for hunting. With a 6 fpe gun like this, you should use pointed heads for distance shots, or light hollow points for closer ranges. Try to avoid daisy, crosman, and copperhead (actually a division of Crosman) rounds. They aren't made to exact enough standards. The weights and sizes vary between tins, and even within tins, so you will get too many flyers. I try not to use crappy American pellets. I recommend RWS Super points, RWS Super "H" Points, and Gamo Magnums. As far as your sights go, if you want more accuracy, flip the rear open sight over, and it has a built in peep-sight. Glue a needle down the middle of the front blade sight, and it will be plenty accurate within 20 yards. Happy hunting.