Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Squirrels!!!

Old 04-11-2005, 08:40 AM

Default Squirrels!!!

I can't wait for September to come. I almost bought a bebe gun this weekend. I'm seeing a lot of squirrels in my back yard and i'm getting the ich.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:23 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Squirrels!!!

I could go for some squirrel hunting too. Only got out twice last year for squirrel. I have to wait until mid October for our season to start.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:54 AM

Wow, that really sucks... Here in KS, our season runs from June 15 through February 28/29.
Old 04-12-2005, 05:15 PM

wow, rather liberal season you have in KS. here in WI the season starts i think in september and runs through Feb. or january. not sure on dates (i never have been good with numbers). but i to feel the itch. i got out maybe 4 times this last season. so now i go out in the yard everynow and then with a slingshot and some marbles. haven't got a squirrel yet though, littler buggers are smart. rabbits arent
Old 04-13-2005, 01:47 PM
Typical Buck

Our season in PA runs from mid oct to end of november.. so a little over a month.. then a late season starts in late December.. usually the 26th and goes till the end of Jan-begining of Feb. But I don't go out to shoot squirrel in 4 degree weather so I only go out a couple times in october, unless I didn't get a deer in archery yet.
Old 04-13-2005, 07:20 PM

Season in Alabama runs from October 1st thru Feb 28th. I love to deer and turkey hunt---but I also love that time sitting or slowly moving through the woods during squirrel season. I love hunting with my scoped .22.
Old 04-17-2005, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

season here in mi runs from sept 15 to march 1st. i jus hate it when deer season comes around and thats when u see most of the squirrels but all u got in your hand is a big ol deer rifle.
Old 04-18-2005, 03:22 PM

Seasons? Why don't you just do what us Californians do, and shoot ground squirrels in the off season, then tree squirrels in the winter? They both taste about the same anyway, and you get two totally different types of hunting for the price of one.
Old 04-18-2005, 04:49 PM
Typical Buck

The main reason I don't do what Californians do is because there are no ground squirrels in PA, and I believe none on the East Coast. Plus I find that more often then not Californians do a lot of things "Bass Ackwards".
Old 04-19-2005, 05:25 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: rile1564

The main reason I don't do what Californians do is because there are no ground squirrels in PA, and I believe none on the East Coast. Plus I find that more often then not Californians do a lot of things "Bass Ackwards".
All rodents taste pretty much the same , Rile .
BTW , Pa. does indeed have ground squirrels , they're called woodchucks , and young ones are pretty tasty . If Pa. is anything like Indiana then you can hunt "whistlepigs" all year round , and many farmers will let you snipe them at will and may also even pay a small bounty for each one that you shoot . This is also a great way to gain later access for other hunting too . Maybe those "bass ackward" Californians are on to something good ?

Quick Reply: Squirrels!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.