HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - crosman 1377
Thread: crosman 1377
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2005, 02:07 PM
SifuSkyler

Default RE: crosman 1377

ORIGINAL: sickenemy187

thanx a lot. i really appreciate ur help. i do plan on mounting a scope, cause i really don't care for the sights. i've shot about a can of pellets with it so far just practicing. it's accurate to about 15 yards with the copperhead hunting pellets. the box said use flat head, but i don't knwo if that will kill game.

thanks again.
Don't use wadcutter pellets for hunting. With a 6 fpe gun like this, you should use pointed heads for distance shots, or light hollow points for closer ranges. Try to avoid daisy, crosman, and copperhead (actually a division of Crosman) rounds. They aren't made to exact enough standards. The weights and sizes vary between tins, and even within tins, so you will get too many flyers. I try not to use crappy American pellets. I recommend RWS Super points, RWS Super "H" Points, and Gamo Magnums. As far as your sights go, if you want more accuracy, flip the rear open sight over, and it has a built in peep-sight. Glue a needle down the middle of the front blade sight, and it will be plenty accurate within 20 yards. Happy hunting.