Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

SKUNK HELP QUICK PLEASE!!!

Old 10-07-2004, 06:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default SKUNK HELP QUICK PLEASE!!!

Ok my golf course is getting absolutely destroyed by skunks. They are digging for grubs and ripping up the fairways. There's either a few really hungry ones that are out all night or about a zillion of them. What can I do? Shoot them? trap them? deter them somehow? Poison them? What times of night are best to get rid of these critters? Thanks for any and all advice. Need to do something quick (tonight)
Anyone interested in removing lots of skunks let me know.
Old 10-07-2004, 12:55 PM

Default RE: SKUNK HELP QUICK PLEASE!!!

You already heard my suggestion Ny. hope ya gettem.
Old 10-07-2004, 09:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: NY Bowhunter

Ok my golf course is getting absolutely destroyed by skunks. They are digging for grubs and ripping up the fairways. There's either a few really hungry ones that are out all night or about a zillion of them. What can I do? Shoot them? trap them? deter them somehow? Poison them? What times of night are best to get rid of these critters? Thanks for any and all advice. Need to do something quick (tonight)
Anyone interested in removing lots of skunks let me know.
Do you know for sure that it's skunks? There are numerous traps on the market that will catch them. They aren't particularly smart. I would personally go buy a cordless spot light, hop in a golf cart with my .22 and/or shotgun, a half rack and have some fun.
Old 10-08-2004, 11:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

I had problems with them getting under the house. Moth balls worked great at detering them. But shooting or poisoning is probably a more practical solution outside. A mercury lamp will attract insects, which in turn attract skunks. You can shoot them around the lamp without using additional lights. After you blast one or two in an area, they get educated to spotlights. They usually begin to show up about an hour or so after it has become completely dark outside.