Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Small Game, Predator and Trapping
 Two questions about calling in coyotes >

Two questions about calling in coyotes

Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Two questions about calling in coyotes

Old 02-20-2009, 03:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default Two questions about calling in coyotes

I'm new to this and just recently called in my first coyote (and sent a warning shot over his back) and want to get into it a bit more. Thanks in advance for any input.

1) When the snow is mostly gone, can I put my predator camo (brown) double bull blind out on the edge of a field and use an electronic call placed fifty feet away without it spooking them from a distance? It will kind of look like a round hay bale. Are coyotes really in tune with changes in the area?

2) If I have a coyote decoy and a moving fur ball, can I use them at the same time? Like the coyote decoy fifty yards from this rabbit decoy like he's coming in to it,Or should I just use one at a time?

Thanks
Dan
Old 02-21-2009, 10:28 AM
Spike

Default RE: Two questions about calling in coyotes

I don't use my yote any more, it seems to hold dogs back in the timber, and as far as the fur ball I love using mine it kills them hasty dogs that hang in the timber. both together works but it seem like when they come in there hard to stop...and when they turn and run they are balls to the walls and for me hard to hitt... yes in the midwest they do tend to notice the slightest bit of change I belive it is due to hunting pressure.. you will have to feel it out..