Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

calling in coyotes

Old 10-18-2005, 10:10 PM

Default calling in coyotes

i am wanting to try and take a yote with my bow put the problem is that i never see any near my stand so i thought about trying to call one in,on one of the slow days. So my question is what is a good cheap call that i could u to call one in and what tips do u have for someone who is starting,,Hopefully when i get my lic i will be able to do a lot more yote hunting(3Mnts to go) any suggestions???
Old 10-19-2005, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: calling in coyotes

Pick a call, any call, they all will work. True some might work better than others, but they all can be effective. Also, don't forget about the no frilles call that you have with you every where you go, your own two lips. If you have a coyote within your eye sight, simply use your lips to makes some squeeks, that alone will often bring them in closer. Try not to over call, coyotes are very good about pin pointing the source of sound, and with the bow, you need them to be unaware of your location. They won't stand around and look at you long if they see you drawing, so draw when you can't see thier eyes!
Good luck. Calling a coyote in is one thing, killing it with a bow after you get it called in is another. It can be done, be there and done it several times!
Old 10-19-2005, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: calling in coyotes

for a good cheap distress call you could buy primos raspy coaxer.