Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

live cage troubles

Old 12-11-2008, 02:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: live cage troubles

Probably crows. I have caught a bunch of them when trapping for raccoons.

Put the trap under something. Crows are hesitant to go after corn when it is under something. I have caught a bunch of raccoons under my fishing boat. But anything overhead will help. The lower the cover the better. Tom.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:55 PM

Default RE: live cage troubles

ORIGINAL: drdi

I've gone to using mini marshmallows for bait. I put them as far into the trap as possible and oftena few will fall through the wire onto the ground underneath the trap. This makes the coon have to try and dig through the wire to get the bait and makes them come into the trap further. I also put a few minimarshmallows just outside the opening of the trap so they get a taste.

I used to use cat food, tuna, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, corn, etc. But since I switched to mini marshmallows, I rarely catch anything but raccoons (and a very occasional skunk). They seem to work the best for me.
Just put some mini's in the trap today so we'll see how that works out!