Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 "Rage in the Cage" >

"Rage in the Cage"

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

"Rage in the Cage"

Old 05-31-2007, 06:50 PM
Fork Horn

Default "Rage in the Cage"

Anyone have any experience with the Rage mechanical broadheads? I've been watching the latest Drury Outdoor videos, and the Rage broadheads seem to be their broadhead of choice this season. From watching the videos, they seem to be incredible! The holes they leave behind on the deer,look like they were shot with a slug.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: "Rage in the Cage"

I haven't used the rage, but have used the Snyper on an elk. Hit right behind the shoulder he went down within 150 yards.

You put it thru their lungs and any sharp broadhead will do the job in short order. SHOT PLACEMENT is more important than which brand of broadhead you use. Altho we all have our favorites. I like Rocket Hammerheads on deer.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:53 PM
Fork Horn

You will love them!!

They fly great and leave massive entrance and exit holes!

I'v shot deer, elk and moose with them and all passthroughs!
Old 06-01-2007, 12:58 PM

I picked up several packs of the two blade Rages recently. They fly just like field points out of both of my bows. I did have an issue with them wanting to open up when inserting into the Fuse quiver I use on my Hoyt Pro Tec, but opening up the hole in the foam seems to have solved that. Was also concerned about whether they would give adequate penetration out of my son's 45 lb. Fred Bear Element - since they have a 2" cut - but the Rage folks came up with plenty of testimonials from folks who have used them with even lighter bows and gotten pass throughs. Hope to get a chance to try them on gamethis fall.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

I've been watching the latest Drury Outdoor videos, and the Rage broadheads seem to be their broadhead of choice this season.
The rage broadheads are one of the better mechanicals out there and if I were to shoot a mechanical they would be at the top of the list.

Having said that, don't choose a broadhead or any other equipment based on what "pro" uses it on television. They all get paid touse the equipment that they use and don'tthink for a second that if another broadhead compny were to pay them more to shoot their head next season that they wouldn't switch, provided they didn't have contract obligations to Rocky Mt. Cause the fact is that nearly any broadhead, bow, arrow, rest, sight, whatever will work just fine on evry animal they willshoot on television.Whoever is willing to pay the most will be on that show.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:36 PM

My buddy just used the rage 3 blade on a hog hunt and they were great,he smoked one from about 20 yards double lung pass through and the hog went about 30 yards. huge entrace and exit hole. I myself will be using the rage 2 blade this fall