Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Small Game, Predator and Trapping
 Maybe wrong spot but but it's about predators! >

Maybe wrong spot but but it's about predators!

Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Maybe wrong spot but but it's about predators!

Old 05-29-2007, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Maybe wrong spot but but it's about predators!

I work for a rather liberal"green" company in the oil industry,anal retentive when it comes to computer access and use.Here's where I am confused,I like alot of coworkers in this area are hunters and fishermen we just make our money but we play the way we desire since they can't govern us from England.A couple weeks ago someone noticed a bobcat nad taken residence in a out of service piece of equipment,we left her(figured out it was female) alone cause we found out she was expecting!Alot of us thought cool deal,we have rats that resemble opossums out here and a bumper crop of cotton tails!It's the secound year we have seen her around the plant and she stayed off alone and nobody messed with her.The management heard about her and went paranoid,called govt trapper but unavailable so the called the local deputy...guess what the flaming prick brought a firearm into the plant(we say the word gun and we're fired) and shot her at point blank range while she was huddled with the kittens!I hunt but I will not shoot a mother animal under those conditions when there was no sense in it! Boss's said she coulda had rabies...guess what asshats the state has some bait that you can put in some food to fight it off! Oh yeah they took the kittens and gave them to another deputy in another town cause he said he wanted them.I would have done the same thing if we were close to town and it was needed due to depradation but we are 15 miles from anywhere,not like we saved someone stinking domestic cat! Yeah I'm pissed to the third degree at BP,same oil co who's ceo resigned after his boyfriend fell outa the closet!Rant over