Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

The Sickening Trueth About.....

Old 03-10-2007, 08:52 AM

Default RE: The Sickening Trueth About.....

Phil, I am not doubting you I am just a little suprised that coyotes might do this!

I have seen maine coyotes because I have hunted them there, we have the same coyotes in NH.

I shot one that responded to my call face to face with me and we stared at each other from 40 yards for what felt like Minutes. I shot him twice with the .223. Once in the base of his neck at the shoulder blades and once in the side as he was running. I never did find him even though the blood trail looked like a Mass. murder seen.

Tough critter and as I stared at him,his face had Wolfy written all over it! Try to get us more info on the picture if you can please.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:40 AM

So, you're worried about what? Deer are more plentiful now than at any point in history. Coyote populations aren't going to rise enough to become a threat; I guarantee.*

*Not a real guarantee
Old 03-10-2007, 11:15 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: coolbrze0

What do you mean when they yard? Is this when the snow is too deep in the woods/mountains and they come to civilization, hence yards?
I think what he means is during the winter, deer group up into large herds, or "yards."

This is a very sad story and one of the biggest examples of how cruel mother nature can sometimes be.
Old 03-10-2007, 11:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

The coyotes in maine are apparently the same as jakes coyotes in ohio. They are different than any coyotes in the world. Phil has said so many things to contradict normal coyote behavior. Coyotes grow to 80 pounds? yeahhhhhh.. They are the biggest and baddest killers.. get off your high horse phil.. Not everything is bigger and badder in maine..
Old 03-10-2007, 02:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

phil, you notice douge and boys have not responed to your pictures etc..

here in pa. in WMU2G pennstate and PGC made study on deer..they said that only 2 adultdeer were killed out of hundreds tagged with collars etc by coyotes..only 2 ..

THEY said that only reason those 2 died is because they were weak..

your TRUTH and FACTS tells it like it is and SPROUL also reports the TRUTH..

they say deer are starving here in pa and coyotes are not problem..they say the doe are not having fawns do to HABITAT, when coyotes are killing fawns, we seen it and witnessed by 17 bass fisherman in tournament in june,i was there..we saw 2 coyotes herd deer ,6 doe and 2 fawns..they pushed the deer to water and the adult doe swam accross lake to other side,then the 2 coyotes killed the 2 fawns..this was witnessed by 17 bass fisherman..

oh , i forgot, PENNSTATEstudy group says, NO DEER KILLED BY YOTES UNLESS STARVING..bobcats/bearskilled those deer,phil..
Old 03-10-2007, 04:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

Try to get us more info on the picture if you can please.
I am not exactly sure what you want? I do know this happened on the St. Croix River at a spot called Spednic Falls. This is not a water fall as a dam down stream backed up over it years ago. These were discovered by the Maine Warden Service after a report was made by a couple trappers trapping, what was then Maines predator control program. ( Peta forced the state to end it ) The trappers reported finding 4 bucks up in the woods half eaten by the coyotes. The wardens sent a plane over and couldn't believe what they saw. So they sent in wardens, biologists and asstants, to recover them for a study. The bucks are not in this photo.
Old 03-10-2007, 04:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

fingerz42 quote: get off your high horse phil.. Not everything is bigger and badder in maine..
I am not sure what the problem is but, I do not believe I had stated any such a thing. But, I did and will state the facts my friend. Nore did I say that the coyotes are bigger than Ohio"s. They are in the Northeast aren't they? I also believe you saw and responded to the photo I had posted earlier didn't you?
Old 03-10-2007, 05:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Ridge Runner

ok, I know they kill a high percentage of fawns, here all the sheep farmers have coyote trouble in the spring, till does start dropping fawns, then its shut off like a water spigot, it goes from sheep predation evry day to zero, how else can you explain it?
RR
ridge, every pile of yote poo i see always has a little deer hair in it,in spring,summer, fall..

predatorsare doing harm more than we think.
there has to be solution to yotes,poison may be answer, i dont know..

i saw picture of 26 yotes that were shot with dogs in mercer county ,pa. last month in 1 day or 2, 26 , thats unreal..why has yote explode in numbers so bad in last 10 years..we never saw yote for as long as i can remember back into 60,s and my dad said they never saw yote..

we never saw cougars, now cougars..i dont know if yotes kill fox but i am seeing less fox ,more yotes..
Old 03-10-2007, 05:54 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-10-2007, 06:24 PM

Deer DO yard up in the winter but it is not for food, they yard up in an area that is protected from wind. Thats why they yard up in a low laying area.

The state of NH gave me maps of Deer yards in the state by my request so I can snipe coyotes. Your state will probably give you yours if you ask.

Now on to the questions at hand. I did some research and asked some people who know alot more than me. They to say the least are as amazed as I am at the thought that coyotes would "thrill kill" It is just not in their nature.

Phil, I understand that you don't can't get all the info on this happening. But without more photos and without seeing bite marks, method of killing and Etc. We just can't really say that this is the work of coyotes. As I said, I would put my $ on Wolves before coyotes.

Now, In your defense I will add this, Are coyotes bigger and badder in Maine than other places?? I have to agree with Phil to some degree.

I have hunted coyotes there, I was in Eustis and all coyotes that I called in were no more that 20-25 yards from me and 1 was no more than six feet. They all were very aware of me and my partner as each one looked right at me and the caller. It didn't matter what time of day or night, they always came in straight without winding us and without a care in the world. Coyote hunting is pretty popular in the area so it wasn't like they were not pressured.

In NH (same basic yotes) I have called them in to 10 feet during locating outings. They one that came in at 10 feet still came in even though we were standing in a small field talking and my buddy was smoking a butt.
I shined my sure fire right into the coyotes eyes and it didn't budge until it turned around and walked about 30 feet and turned towards us again.

They are less affraid than other areas.

Quick Reply: The Sickening Trueth About.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.