Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Bobcat trapping

Old 01-11-2007, 05:43 AM

Default RE: Bobcat trapping

I trapped one winter while out of work, and caught two bobcats in dirthole sets. I used #2 coilspring traps, tainted wild turkey meat, and carmans lure to get'em. If you want to know more about trapping check out :
www.trapperman.com
Old 01-11-2007, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the info....I really appreciate it!
Old 01-18-2007, 12:59 PM
Spike

I do some trapping and have caught a few bobcats. Bobcats are vary visual, when you pick a spot look for something that sticks out in the area like a brush pile. Next, pick a set you want to use (dirthole, walkthrough, cubby,ect.) Let me explain a dirthole, it is a very easy to make, first dig a good sized hole @ about a 45degree angle scatter the dirt make it look like something went nuts digging this hole (eye appeal). Next bed the trap infront of the hole with pan about 9-12 inches form the hole. Make sure the trap does not move when you touch the jaws. Then place some type of bait in the hole, cats prefer fresh bait, a mouse works great. Lightly cover the bait you want the cat to have to work at the bait to get it out. Then if legal add some more eye appeal such as feathers, cotton balls, anything that might move with a slight breeze hang this above the set. Then add some guides so the cat has to step on the pan you can use clumps of dirt or sticks anything will do. Hope this helps.