Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

crow hunters!!

Old 03-25-2006, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default crow hunters!!

i would like to know what the best crow call is, i am going to use a .22 and i will be shooting them while they are on the ground to be safe and not kill someone. should i get decoys, bait, what should i get?
Old 03-25-2006, 04:49 PM

Default RE: crow hunters!!

I never have tried to get em on the ground the hard way. Maybe these guys can help http://www.crowbusters.com/begtechn.htm
Old 03-25-2006, 10:52 PM

I have never shot them off the ground myself but i do use decoys alot and i use a electronic call with differents sounds to call them in ,i agree with shorty crowbusters is the place to go on crowhunting .
Old 04-08-2006, 07:57 PM
Typical Buck

i take an HS strut hammerin crow call, a loaf of bread and a bow and sit on my porch for a while. its not legal to use bait, but that crows have learned to stay off of my lawn.
Old 04-12-2006, 02:49 PM

I've only shot them with a .22 occasionaly. I usually use my shotgun with aJohnny Stewart electronic call and a couple of decoys. I have had them try to land in my decoys though (of course they didn't make it), so you might want to try to set up some decoys and get some calls. The key is camo, you can keep shooting at them as long as they don't see you. So get some decoys,a call, andsome good camo andgive it a try.Crow hunting is a blast

take-em
Old 04-13-2006, 10:58 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Adirondack Hunter

i take an HS strut hammerin crow call, a loaf of bread and a bow and sit on my porch for a while. its not legal to use bait, but that crows have learned to stay off of my lawn.
I also have the Hammerin' Crow , it's an excellent call for both crows and shock gobbling turkeys .

If baiting is legal for you toss a spread of corn on open ground with one or two crow dekes in feeding positions and start calling . If you shoot them off the ground with a .22 you're only gonna get one since the rest wll fly away and stay away , crows are very smart . Switch to a 20 or 12 gage with a cylinder or improved cylinder choke and 2.75-3" #6 shot and you'll get more of them before they scatter .
Old 04-28-2006, 03:55 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: squirrelkilla23

i would like to know what the best crow call is, i am going to use a .22 and i will be shooting them while they are on the ground to be safe and not kill someone. should i get decoys, bait, what should i get?
To be safe and not shoot anyone use a shotgun and shoot them in the air.