Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 ? for iowa crow hunters >

? for iowa crow hunters

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

? for iowa crow hunters

Old 02-27-2003, 12:06 AM

Default ? for iowa crow hunters

Are the crows gettin smarter? I' ve had tough late season crows befor, but this year has been a bugger.

Old 02-27-2003, 03:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: ? for iowa crow hunters

What’s up? I have been crow hunting about seven times this year. Back home the crows have been getting wise. I went hunting about three weeks ago between Dike and Cedar Falls. We got there to late in the day and they were in large groups. We ended up getting about 15. I think if I was to do it again I would go early in the morning when they are flying from the roost and find food. As far as Ames I don’t know what to say about that. I think that they are to wise to hunt. I have been hunting here twice and have had bad luck. We only managed to get about a dozen. There are plenty of crows if you can get them to come in. We had to switch to run and gun. I have herd that people in town use calls to get rid of them and now there just use to it. Good luck.
wernerjd