Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

ground blind for coyote?

Old 02-28-2006, 06:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default ground blind for coyote?

I was thinking of coyote hunting with my daughter. She doesn't stay still for very long and I would like to use my pop upground blind like we do for deer.

Do the same rules apply? Most of the time the deer dont mind my blind. They may look at it but eventually go on with their business.
Old 02-28-2006, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ground blind for coyote?

Yes, about the same rules apply. Coyotes are very aware of thier surroundings, and they tend to shy away from things that are out of place or don't belong. So if you set up your blind and blend it in very well, you should be fine using it. Or if you have perminant blinds, the coyotes have adapted to them, so no need to worry.
I'd suggest setting up your blind along a fields edge, opposite of where you suspect the coyotes to be before calling them. Have the wind blowing corss wind, so that in case they come from behind you, they can't smell you until they go out into the open field.
Try to keep your daughter fairly quiet and still for at least 15 minutes while calling, and hopefully she will get to see some coyotes!
Old 03-01-2006, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks howler.
I'm looking forward to it. If she does see them she WILL shoot them
Old 03-01-2006, 07:29 AM

I don't think it would be a problem. I personally wouldn't do it, as I like to be very mobile and have a lot of visibility, But I also don't have a daughter to hunt with.

Maybe you could get some kind of decoy to help get the yotes right where you want them(or at least close)

Make sure you take a camera...