Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Ground Blind

Old 12-19-2007, 07:09 AM
Spike

Default Ground Blind

What is the best pop up ground blind to hunt out of?
Old 12-19-2007, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ground Blind

I had a Big Game Treestands Ground Max Eclipse blind and really liked it. First, GET BETTER STAKES for securing it. Second, if you use the velcro to secure the windows, they are a bit noisy to open, but they have little button tabs that allow you to close the window without using the velcro. Despite these two minor issues, it is VERY roomy and versatile. Easy to set up and take down.
Old 12-19-2007, 02:20 PM
Fork Horn

I also use Big Game Treestand Ground Max blinds. I currently have some of each model and prefer the Escape Deluxe. But like said before, get heavy duty stakes. The velcro is a downfall as well. Hopefully they will remedy that with magnets or something quieter!
Old 12-19-2007, 02:33 PM

I have hunted out of a number of ground blinds; and the Dbl Bull Matrix 360 is the best. Also very good is the ASAT Quickie - which is a much better value.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Double Bull all they way.
Old 12-20-2007, 07:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

For the price you will have a hard time beating the Big Game Treestands Escape models. I have one of their previous Escape DXs which they now turned into the Eclipse blind. For $100 I have yet to find anything better. Here is a pic of my 5 year old son peaking out of one of the windows on a hunt back in October......

As the others mentioned, tons of room to move around and draw a bow inside along with a bow hook, gear pocket, etc.... I have yet to have to stake my blind down so I can comment on that issue.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Another vote for the Escape Deluxe. Like others, the velcro on the windows really is irritating, but it is easy to set up/take down, plenty of room, and pretty sturdy. One thing I would like is if the windows were a bit larger.
Old 12-20-2007, 05:43 PM

i think i need to buy that escape again
Old 12-20-2007, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

As stated before, the big game escape deluxe is a great blind for the money. It offers some of the features that the top end blinds have at a much cheaper price. If you are willing to spend twice almost triple the money on a double bull you will notice a big differance in quality and material but its up to you to decide if its worth it.
Old 12-20-2007, 09:10 PM

I like the ameristep intimadator or the double bull 360 matrix...but there arevery many more great ground blinds out there

Quick Reply: Ground Blind

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.