Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Scopes and Sights
Leupold warranty work >

Leupold warranty work

Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Leupold warranty work

Old 03-02-2013, 07:47 AM
Fork Horn

Default Leupold warranty work

Anybody sent anyting back to Leuopold for warranty work?

Sent them a couple e-mails on their form and never heard back.

Mildly discouraged as a lot of the stuff I've read is that they're great to deal with especially on warranty work.

Heck the work I'm looking at having them do should be pretty easy. Bascially resetting horizontal and vertical adjustments to factory specs and getting new scope covers.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:22 AM
Fork Horn

You're better off contacting them by phone. 1-800-538-7653
Old 03-02-2013, 02:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Curious...did you actually send them a scope or are you just bxtchin about something that hasn't happened yet.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:45 PM
Spike

A few years ago by 20 something year old Vari X II fogged up inside. I sent it in and took care of all the issues and basically replaced everything but the tube and bells. If I remember correct, correct they sent me an email when the warranty work was finished. I was extremely pleased with them especially since I wasn't even the original owner, because it had been my grandfather's. I couldn't have asked for better service.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

My experience with them is fantastic. 3 times I've asked them to do something about a problem with a Leupold scope, and every time they corrected the issues AND went far beyond the requested work and replaced entire ocular eye pieces as well as recalibrated everything.

If it were me, I'd simply box up the scope with a note inside about what the concern is. I'd bet 10 to 1 they'll take care of it in spades. And of course, no charge.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I too have had no problem with them.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by skb2706
Curious...did you actually send them a scope or are you just bxtchin about something that hasn't happened yet.
That's what it sounds like.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:20 AM
Typical Buck

Heck the work I'm looking at having them do should be pretty easy. Bascially resetting horizontal and vertical adjustments to factory specs and getting new scope covers.

Huh? What do you mean by "restting hoizontal and vertical adjustments"?
Old 03-03-2013, 07:17 AM
Typical Buck

I stopped buying their stuff a few years ago after my grandfather had a bad experience with them trying to get some repairs done on a scope he had probably bought 30 years earlier (my grandfather still had the original box and warranty card...LOL)...they never did make it right. I know their older stuff is well made, and I have a couple of their old (70's/80's) scopes and they are good stuff....but I won't buy any of their new stuff anymore...I think they have simply failed to keep up yet they keep increasing their price point. You can do better for less now days as technology and competition has increased.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bought a used 12X straight power Leupold at a gun show several years ago, and sent it back to the factory for a change of reticule from duplex to fine. The work was done quickly and they replaced the lenses and resealed the scope. I couldn't have asked for better service.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.