Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 Sierra Gamekings. >

Sierra Gamekings.

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Sierra Gamekings.

Old 02-24-2006, 07:05 PM

Default RE: Sierra Gamekings.

I've had real good luck with the pro hunters in my 8mm Mauser on WTD. The game kings are boat tail and my Mauser hates them all! Regards, Rick.
Old 02-24-2006, 07:28 PM

What did you guys do before the premium bonded bullets came along! Here in Alabama we were killing game long before this new stuff came out. Although we tend to rely on bullet placement rather than 4000 lbs of muzzle energy.
Old 02-25-2006, 01:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

We used something other than Sierra and just hunted....even the core lokts seem to perform better.

EJ I have always heard good about the Interlocks, I have a box to load for the 7-08 but havent got around to trying them yet.
Old 02-25-2006, 01:45 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: [email protected]

What did you guys do before the premium bonded bullets came along! Here in Alabama we were killing game long before this new stuff came out. Although we tend to rely on bullet placement rather than 4000 lbs of muzzle energy.

10-4,
Old 02-28-2006, 10:05 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: [email protected]

What did you guys do before the premium bonded bullets came along?
Let's see. I used Hornadies (intelocks) and Noslers. Now one canargue that that Partitions are Premiums...and they are. However they have been around since 2 decades before my birth
Old 03-08-2006, 10:25 AM

Good bullets, but too soft in a fast caliber, in a magnum you need a harder bullet, maybe a bonded one.
Old 03-13-2006, 07:19 PM

I know the noslers are good bullets, the partitions in particular, unfortunatly I dont have a rifle that will group them at all. One day when I get all my computer stuff working I'll post a picture of my reloading room, along with my supplies and you can see I have a good inventory of bullets and powder and tools. When I suggest a certain brand, It's because it works for me, not because I think there is something wrong with what you use. sometimes I will cut something down on these post but It's strictly ment as fun, never to upset someone.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

Game Kings sure seem to shed the jackets. A guy the other day showed me a bunch of the jackets that he recovered from Whitetails. The Pro-Hunter is a tougher bullet and I have used many weights of them for all kinds of hunting. On a simular note, he showed me several recovered Speer Mag Tips that were tight in the jackets and mushroomed perfectly. This was impressive as all the bullets that he had recovered were fired from a 30-30 T/C G2. One Speer was recovered from a Caribou that he dropped at about 225 yards. These are just starting out at 2100 fps and I couldn't believe that the Game Kings shed their jackets at these velocities. The Game kings were BT's I believe.

The Mag tips are 150 grain. The expansion was about the same on some that he recovered from a 308 so evidently the Speer Mag tip performs well at a wide range of velocities. Has anyone else had expierence with the Mag-Tips?
Old 03-28-2006, 03:42 PM

If you are familiar with Edward A. Matunas; the Speer Mag Tip was a bullet he highly recommended in quite a few different calibers. I never tried them personally, but have had great terminal performance out of the heavier weight Speer Grand Slam bullets.
Old 03-31-2006, 01:43 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: ejpaul1

I think an important thing to remember here is that we are not talking about a premium bonded bullet here. EJ
You said a mouthful brother. Nowhere near premium!