Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Screw Lee

Old 09-02-2004, 03:27 PM
bigcountry

Default Screw Lee

Somebody needs to hire somebody that don't have a corncob up thier rear. I called and asked about a 300RUM collet die. Said they don't make it but could custom make one for 50 dollars. I told the lady, "well just for customer feedback, I highly suggest Lee puts out some WSM and RUM collet dies, and customers will buy them cause they have been out for over 2 years or more". She got real snippy with me, and told me, "hey, if you want them, special order them, other than that, thats a decision Mr. Lee has to make". I said, "just a comment from a supposely valued customer, you can take it or leave it". Then it was, "is there anything else" from her.

Whats is wrong with people. Are they stupid or something. All she had to say, was "ok, I will pass that along, sorry we didn't have what you need right now, maybe we will in the future, and have a good day, glad your interested in our products".

Old 09-02-2004, 04:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Screw Lee

She was a female, right? Might have been that time of month.

Seriously, though, that's no way to deal with customers. I've always said that if Redding or Forster picks up the collet die design after the patent expires, I'll buy em' from them instead of Lee. They'd probably do a better job with it. But for now Lee is the only game in town and I luv those collet dies. Hopefully for your sake and others, they'll recognize soon that there's a market out there for this die in a .300 RUM configuration.

Sorry you received such poor treatment.
Old 09-02-2004, 04:19 PM
bigcountry

I am starting to get used to it. Whenever I am treated with repect these days, I make such a huge deal about. Got pulled over for not wearing my seatbelt the other day, and it was the nices officer you ever want to meet. He gave me a ticket but I told him, I just don't believe in wearing them. He was nice, and respectable. I even called his commander, to tell him what a good guy he is. Then I was thinking, this is the way he is supposed to act.

Old 09-02-2004, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's some pretty poor service. On the other hand, them not making a 300 RUM die might be good business sense- there aren't alot of 300 RUM shooters out there and probably never will be. $50 for a die set isn't that bad of a deal IMHO if its not a regularly produced die.
Old 09-02-2004, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

How many 300 RUM rifles are out there ? Ever companey makes makes what they think will sell enough to make a profit .There probely is not enough demand. IMO if the WSM line catches on like I think it will , Lee will probely make collet dies.
Old 09-02-2004, 09:26 PM
Typical Buck

I think I will side with the telephone lady. She told you they don't make that set of dies but they could get a set custom made for $50. What do you want ? You shoot a high powered Magnum but are too cheap to shellout an extra $15 over the regular price of a set of dies. How much did RCBS offer to make a set of dies for you. Take out your bad temper on some poor girl who just offered you the deal of a lifetime and you are still not satisfied. Shame on you.
Old 09-03-2004, 08:58 AM

Ah, come on bigcountry, this is the 'new generations' way of doing business. Used to be that the customer is never wrong. Now it's, I'm selling a product you need, therefore I'm the expert and you as the customer, are an idiot.
I'm with you pardner, I'll give my hard earned $ to someone who at least can show a little respect to me as a customer.
Old 09-03-2004, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

heres the new way of customer service " The customer is almost right"
Old 09-03-2004, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

She got real snippy with me
I'll call up Ford Motor Company tomorow and suggest that they build something similar to a Hummer, but for only $30,000. I don't think they'll get snippy with me, but I'm sure I'll hear some laughter ont he other end.
Old 09-06-2004, 12:56 PM
bigcountry

Big Guy01, I realize that canadians have a totally different culture as I currently have worked with them for 8 years, so I am just going to take what you say with a grain of salt as you don't really understand what you say. Canadians, kinda take things as thats the way it is. Because for most companies, they don't market things for them, but for the US. But in the good ole US, listening to customers, can be imperitive. And just plain smart. I am not saying they should go out and start a production line, cause I said so, but track the requests. If you ever studied TTM, or (time to market) or anything dealing with economics, you will see there are leaders in a market who make calculated risks, and others who just try to hang on the hind tit, and take whats left. Lee is in that market. Take the scraps. They have only one product worth buying, The collet die. A good answer for that lady, would have been, thanks the feedback, we really like to hear from our customers. But this is the same lady that always asnswers the phone, and is always on that time of the month. If stores like Montgomery Ward, and K-Mart would have done the same, and would have been dynamic in thier markets, they wouldn't have folded, but instead they always did it the old way, which worked for a while.

Briman, your kidding ain't ya. Call Remington financial division, or read thier End of Quarter announcement, I believe the 300RUM's sales exceeded Win mag sales for 3 years in a row for the 700. The 7mmRUM has been a different story. Even if we would exclude the RUM's, lets talke about WSM sales. Come on.

Quick Reply: Screw Lee

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.