Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Major Snag!

Old 07-02-2008, 12:31 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Major Snag!

ORIGINAL: early

Is it possible that the expander ball is not adjusted in the die properly? IIRC on the RCBS die the tip of the de-priming pin should be 3/16th below the bottom of the die. This sets the EB to the right position.

early
I can't see that being the issue. As I set my expander all the way up and use a universal deprimer.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:23 PM

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

Oh my gosh, your children are so lucky to have a father like you. I can see it now.

Wilds goes home and his son asks, "Dad what did you do today". Wilds replys, "I spent all my day trying to get banned so I can go to other websites and brag about it, and son, you should have seen it, I put up a cartoon mickey mouse that had the middle finger up, I am so cool son". Son looks at him perplexed, and says, "dad, I think you need to get a life, and grow up and take some maturity lessons from me, because your acting like a 12 year old". Mother is sitting back with a big smile saying, "I agree walker, how old are you again?". grin..grin
Oh my gosh, let me go back and see if I was talking to you...

Nope, I wasn't.........

You got a beef with mebigcountry that's just fine, I got some pretty thick skin and have suffered waybigger azzholes than you, but draggin' someone's family into your little pompous holier than thou tirades just proves what kind ofdikhead you really are........

Old 07-02-2008, 10:18 PM

[/quote]

I can't see that being the issue. As I set my expander all the way up and use a universal deprimer.
[/quote]

Thats good info for me (in case of future need)
I hope he gets the problem fixed at any rate.

early
Old 07-05-2008, 10:10 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Rifle Loony

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

Oh my gosh, your children are so lucky to have a father like you. I can see it now.

Wilds goes home and his son asks, "Dad what did you do today". Wilds replys, "I spent all my day trying to get banned so I can go to other websites and brag about it, and son, you should have seen it, I put up a cartoon mickey mouse that had the middle finger up, I am so cool son". Son looks at him perplexed, and says, "dad, I think you need to get a life, and grow up and take some maturity lessons from me, because your acting like a 12 year old". Mother is sitting back with a big smile saying, "I agree walker, how old are you again?". grin..grin
Oh my gosh, let me go back and see if I was talking to you...

Nope, I wasn't.........

You got a beef with mebigcountry that's just fine, I got some pretty thick skin and have suffered waybigger azzholes than you, but draggin' someone's family into your little pompous holier than thou tirades just proves what kind ofdikhead you really are........

Uh oh, I can now see by your response I was right. So explain to us all walker, how its mature for a 45-50 year old grown man to post a mickey mouse giving someone the finger? How does this make you a better father? Or person? Simple questions. I bet you don't have a set to answer either. A grown mature man does not act this way. Nor does a mature man go around spending his extra time trying to get banned and then going to other pages to brag about.

Old 07-06-2008, 11:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have also seen such things happen when one seats a bullet on a heavily compressed load. But this pic doesn't look like that's the problem........ I have seen the too-thick case neck problems appear using .308 brass necked to .l243 and not properly neck-turned after squeezing them down. But of course, when this happens, the whole neck is too thick, not just the bottom part into which the brass has flowed on previous shots. I know of no othe round that evidences such an effect to this extent-perhaps the .300 H&H and the .270 Win. ? I can see why some consider reloading the .243 Win. to be "touchy".