Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 RCBS makes me want to puke..... >

RCBS makes me want to puke.....

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

RCBS makes me want to puke.....

Old 09-25-2006, 04:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: RCBS makes me want to puke.....

ORIGINAL: [email protected]

Show me just one example of a company lowering there prices,after outsorcing their product!!!!!!!!!!!!It don't happen, just pack the pockets of the big dogs
There seems to be a whole lot of misunderstanding as to what a "Corporation" is. A corporation is not a half a dozen or so fat cats just sitting around and getting rich of the American consumer. Corporations are owed by stockholders like you and me. We invest our hard earned money into 401K's, 401B's,Mutual Funds and plain old Stocks.Most of us use these investments as retirermentplans. If the corporations we invest in do not make a substantial profit from year to year then the entire economy will go south and our retirerment nest eggwill will be deminished. As for the big dogs and the CEO's getting huge salaries, that is the price we as investors are willing topay for a succesful company and a goodreturn on our investment.

Another reason for the manufacturing shift to offshore is the corporate tax stucture that was implemented during the past administration. For many US corporations moving off shore was the only way to stay in business and meet the demands of it's stock holders (you and me). Just take a look at how the lawsuite filed against Microsoft affected the value of it's stock. Did the lawsuite hurt Bill Gates in any way?? Sure, his net worth (Microsoft Stock)was cut in half. Is he suffering because of this? NO. But there is a sit load of Americans like me, you, your mothers and fathers that lost a huge amount of their retirement nest egg. Did the corporation as a whole suffer? Not really. Did the ignorent and uninformed American public think cutting the leggs out from undera corporate "Fat Cat"was a good thing? You bet. Did it help the American public or hurt it? Well, it sure as hell didn't help.

All I can say is this, if these US Corporations are making such huge profits at the expense of the American public, then you need to get off your ass and buy as much stock as you can. Shouldn't matter what corporation you choose, they are all filling their pockets hand over fist. Then all you have to do is sit back and reel in the cash.
Old 09-25-2006, 06:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

HighDesertWolf: Dont' know where you got the press, but it's not an RCBS. Maybe a nock-off that looks like an RCBS. Check out the response from the people AT RCBS:

Thank you for contacting RCBS with your concern. Most of our products
are still produced right here in our factory in Oroville CA. However,
we do purchase some items from China or other countries around the
world. Any items we source outside of our operation are closely
monitored to insure they meet our quality expectations. The only reason
we choose certain items to be produced over seas is to provide our
customers with the best possible products for the lowest possible cost,
or in other words, to give you the best value for your hard earned
dollars. None of our presses have "made in China" stamped on them, as they are made here in the USA.

Old 09-25-2006, 07:08 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Sniper151

HighDesertWolf: Dont' know where you got the press, but it's not an RCBS. Maybe a nock-off that looks like an RCBS. Check out the response from the people AT RCBS:

dollars. None of our presses have "made in China" stamped on them, as they are made here in the USA.
I called RCBS today and was told pretty much the same thing!
Old 09-26-2006, 04:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: [email protected]

steve4102, you may have a point with some areas of this country,as far as making big salires and not wanting to pay someone else to make a product. But here in the south where I live we don't make the big salires to begin with. Most of our jobs were sent offshore so the CEO,s and other exectuives could make more money.It's common to find a company where a ceo makes a milti million dollar sallery and quaterly bonuses as well, while the grunts may earn something less than $10.00 an hr, an offen much less. Try buying a new car while paying for BCBS medical ins. and a home and eat at the same time, thats why my truck has 244000 miles on it. I use Lee because it cost less, works as good and offen better, and aint made over yonder yet; I hope.
I totally hear ya brother!!! I do use alot of lee stuff too mainly dies and powder measures then I have 2 of there presses too. their products are quite affordable and still made here in the USA. Also the highest paying job I had was when I was self employed even then my 40,000 or so take home a year didnt really go to far with living expenses thank god my wife had her 7 an hour job + benefits which gave us both medical insurance I think our total income together then was maybe 60K a year buts its amazing how little even 60k a year will get ya. Now we have even less then that for total income. I drive the same truck I had since highschool it has 225,000+ miles on it 3 years ago we bought a newer ford ****** which we drive the piss out of because it gets almost 40 miles a gallon we've had it 3 year and already has 126,000+ miles on it and it had 38K on it when we got it. her car is finally payed off and I managed to save up a decent down payment and will be buying another truck here soon it wont be new cant afford new I will tell you this it will be the oldest truck with the lowest miles I can find that is still financable.

Steve you have a point but the majority of US citizens struggle month to month to get by like I do as I explained above. You cant blame us all if you want to generalize, your opinion would be more suited towards big wig CEO's and executives and Unions. I personally donnot believe in unions ive been offered unions jobs but turn them down because of my strong beliefs that unions play a big role in why somany things are made overseas now I also believe that overseas production will be the down fall of America as we know it and I want to contribute to that as little as I can.

to hairtrigger I do buy things from those store chains you listed but I do make an effort to buy as little as I can of products made in china I will admit its hard and nearly impossible not to buy things made in china since somuch stuff is made there. But if folks make the little extra effort and watch what they buy and pay a few cents more for something made in the USA and quit worrying about saving that 2 cents on a set of sockets and buy the the other brand still made here eventually if enough people begin to do this I beleive it will put a damper and chinese productions and curve some that production back to our soil.

Old 09-26-2006, 05:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

If the frame is cast in China, or any part made there, RCBS cannot put "MADE IN THE USA" on it.
The company I work for just forced a competitor to remove their made in the USA stickers with the American flag from their products for that reason.
Old 09-26-2006, 05:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Sniper151

when I was out buiyng my new press I ran into a buddy of mine he saw me in line with the chucker supreme press and ask me if I really wanted to buy that I replied ofcourse I do. he then began explaining to me that the castings of the frame and linkage were casted in china and then shipped back here for final fitting and finishing, maybe in RCBS's mind thats still good enough to call it made in the USA. Anyhow I looked online and did a google search to see what I could find after calling RCBS and yes I got the same neutral response you guys did and I figured well what the heck if they are trying to pull one they arent gonna openly admit anything after doing a google search for awhile I finally came across a review that was posted on midwayusa for the chucker supreme press. now this was cut and pasted from midways review on the press. heres a link if you want to read the reviews yourself. http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpag...eitemid=513567

Rating:
Date Posted:8/31/2006

Review:
I recently read a magazine article on the RCBS Supreme. By and large RCBS manufactures a superior product. Unfortunately when I read that RCBS uses import casting of the frame from China I became quite disappointed. I am in the market for a new single stage cast iron framed, heavy duty American made press. I thought the Rock Chucker Supreme was it. It would have been if it were made here.

if this isnt true... now why would midwayusa go ahead and let this post through their screening process if it werent?? if it werent true I think midwayusa would be in for a possible slander lawsuit but even after midways screening process they still let this post go through so you know what I have this strong gut feeling telling me it is true.

PLEASE!! prove me wrong by all means I would like somebody to tell me otherwise and prove me wrong. I dont particulary care much to have the redding big boss I dont like the primer catch system I would like it very much to be proven wrong and I will take the redding back and get a chucker supreme and my 30 bucks back.

Old 09-26-2006, 05:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Boy, that is disgusting! I bought one (old-style) off e-bay two years ago for $50.00. Sure hope it was made in USA!! I likeRedding, however. They make great stuff.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

the redding big boss is rather nice I do like it I will probably hang on to it even if Im wrong about the RCBS press realistically the redding was a bit out of my budget The little wife was kinda pist when I told her what I ended up spending. If im wrong about the rcbs press I probably should take the redding back and get the RCBS though. but it really erks me to pay full price for something casted in china jeez! if RCBS really does have these casted in china atleast pass on the savings I mean heck its probably costing them only pennies to have the casts made then turning around and making a 200% profit.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

So do you use leupold scopes?They claim to be made in the USA yet they use Asian lenses.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just curious, what kind of price difference are there between the two? Are you talking about a substantial amount??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.