Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 RCBS makes me want to puke..... >

RCBS makes me want to puke.....

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

RCBS makes me want to puke.....

Old 09-24-2006, 06:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: RCBS makes me want to puke.....

If you want lower prices,expect the companies to source out to cheap labour.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:27 PM

Show me just one example of a company lowering there prices,after outsorcing their product!!!!!!!!!!!!It don't happen, just pack the pockets of the big dogs
Old 09-24-2006, 08:01 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: HighDesertWolf

I was gonna get a RCBS rock chucker supreme but after I found out these are casted in china it made me sick to my stomach
Where did you "find out" these were made in China??? I have 3 RCBS presses. A very old Rock chucker a new Rock Chucker Supreme (2 years old) and a New RCBS Turret Press (3 months old). I dug out the boxes for the RC Supreme and the Turret pressand Both state very clearly "MADE IN USA".
Old 09-24-2006, 08:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is the way of today's market. Get used to it. Every one want cheap, cheap, cheap...
Old 09-25-2006, 05:46 AM

I agree with Steve, we want it all, we want it now, and we want the best price. That will be the epitaph of the America we have now. You can't blame it on the Corp. structure, they are just doing what we as consumers do every day, getting the most bang for our buck. If Corp America didn't make a profit then we would cry about our investments doing poorly and not haveing a retirement. If some guy at the top can make a huge salery, what's wrong with that? They have been doing it since we were shooting flintlocks, why is itall of a sudden a bad thing?

Examples of lower prices, look around, that PC you are using used to cost 2-3K or more when IBM made them here, how about that VCR, DVD or Microwave we all use. I realize there are other factors involved but cheap labor plays a big part. Heck, when i was a kid in the 60's a box of .22's cost 60 cents, they only go for a little over a dollar now but look at how much the cost of living has gone up.

I didn't know Buck knives were now made overseas, kind of a shame but to be expected..

Doug
Old 09-25-2006, 06:21 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: [email protected]

Show me just one example of a company lowering there prices,after outsorcing their product!!!!!!!!!!!!It don't happen, just pack the pockets of the big dogs
Quickly off the top of my head,tennis shoes. In the 70's and 80's, shoes were much more expensive, now we found slave labor, I buy a set of sneakers for 30 dollars at cabelas by newbalance and pretty comfortable. And of course clothes. When I used to buy business casual in 1990, a set of docker cost 40-50 dollars. Now, I find them easily for 25 a pop.

Lastly, my company, used to sell 2.5GHz data modules for 25K, now they moved most manufactuing to thailand, we seel data modules for 5K and are 4 times the speed.

These are just quick things on the top of my head.

Old 09-25-2006, 09:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't see what the big deal is if the casting is made in china. Making iron castings is low tech, dirty work. I wouldmn't blame RCBS, I would blame the regulatory environment in this country for forcing manufacturers to outsource some of their processes to countries with no environmental laws.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:58 AM
DM

Second, I will say that if anyone is to blame for the manufacturing of goods overseas it is the American consumer. Take a good hard look in the mirror. We all want the biggestsalary with the best benefitsand the least amount of work. Yet, we also want the best and cheapest deals possible. We demand a high rate of pay for ourselves,but we are unwilling to pay the rest of America their desired high rate of pay. We cannot have our cake and eat it too!!
I agree.... here's a short story..

When i had my gunshop, the "teamster" that delivered my smokeless gun powder to me was a friend of mine... He kinda thought it was funny that i was surcharged (teamsters rules) eachtime he delivered gun powder to me because it wasa "hazardous" substance....

Years later he retired and started a hobby shop... One day i was inhis shopand a teamster delivered some gas for the radio controled airplanes he sold.... He noticed he was surcharged by the teamsters for the "hazardous" substance and blew up!! He figured he was getting ripped off!!!

When i remindedhim of how funny he thought it waswhen "he" use to deliver gunpowder to me, he got so mad at me hetold me to leave!!

Seems it was just fine when "someone else" was getting screwed!

DM
Old 09-25-2006, 10:05 AM
DM

Making iron castings is low tech, dirty work. I wouldmn't blame RCBS, I would blame the regulatory environment in this country for forcing manufacturers to outsource some of their processes to countries with no environmental laws.
They do it to save money! There's several foundries around here that would be HAPPY to make those for RCBS!!! My nephue runs a foundry, and it's a real problem "every day" trying to compete with 3rd world countries on price!

DM
Old 09-25-2006, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DM

it's a real problem "every day" trying to compete with 3rd world countries on price!

DM
Very true. Just an example. We manufacture fixtures at our plant and have been finding out that some companies will sell the same product we quote except there price is so low it would just cover our material without any labor. How do compete against that ?? The only advantage we have is that every one wants there order yesterday and can’t wait six weeks for the product to come overseas...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.