Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Reloading
 SIERRA GAME KINGS >

SIERRA GAME KINGS

Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

SIERRA GAME KINGS

Old 12-10-2005, 04:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: SIERRA GAME KINGS

ORIGINAL: rwire125

IN THIS AGE OF THE NEW BONDED CORE BULLETS THESE SIERRAS JUST KEEP DOING THERE JOB OF PUTTING DOWN GAME, IVE MOSTLY USED THEM ON DEER, BUT RECENTLY USED ON A MT. GOAT WITH GREAT RESULTS ONLY RECOVERED 1 BULLET THAT WENT THROUGH THE SHOULDER. MUSHROOMED PERFECT CORE STAYED INTACT, WEIGHED 157GRAINS, WAS (180) SHOOTS ACCURETLY AND YOU CAN GET A BOX OF 100 FOR AROUND $17.00 WHAT MORE DOES A GUY NEED?
IVE TRIED MOST OF THE NEW BONDED CORE WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE SWIFT,ALL MORE PRICEY AND MOST DIDNT PREFORM ASWELL AT THE RANGEAS THE GAME KINGS, PLUSE THE NOSLERS ARE SO LONG THEY IMPED CASE CAPACTY NOT GOOD, SO IM JUST GOING TO KEEP USING MY TRUSTY OLD GAME KINGS, BY THE WAY IN MY 06 I CAN LOAD THEM 180S
56GR OF IMR 4350 TO JUST A TAD OVER 2800 FPS ON MY CONO WITH CLOVER LEAFS AT 100YDS AGINE WHAT MORE CAN A GUY ASK FOR. OH WELL MY 2CENTS
Then you just keep using them.....good for you.

As far as I'm concerned when one talks hunting bullets he is saying things like Hornady, Nosler, Swift, Speer, Northfork, Woodleigh.....and not Sierra.

Old 12-10-2005, 06:12 PM

SOUNDS PRETTY NARROW MINDED TO ME, YOU PROBLY HAVE ONE OF THEM MANLY MAGNUM CAL. SO YOU DONT NEED A GOOD BULLET WITH ALL THAT POWER, YOU CAN JUST POINT AND SHOOT

Old 12-10-2005, 08:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: rwire125

SOUNDS PRETTY NARROW MINDED TO ME, YOU PROBLY HAVE ONE OF THEM MANLY MAGNUM CAL. SO YOU DONT NEED A GOOD BULLET WITH ALL THAT POWER, YOU CAN JUST POINT AND SHOOT
Makes no difference to me.....if I was going to point and shoot I certainly wouldn't be using a Sierra bullet.

BTW...how much does your job pay there at Sierra marketing?

Big Country, I think this is one of the trolls you was talking about.
Old 12-10-2005, 09:09 PM
bigcountry

Maybe, those tech support guys do roam the internet. But still, nice billy.

Old 12-11-2005, 07:41 AM

man you just cant let it becan you, always gota have the last word, well i guess if thats what turns your screw and makes you feel better about yourself, I for one think this is a pretty good site but guys like you use it to launch personal attacks on others postings is discrediting to what this forum is saposed to be all about.Grow up an get a life other than just at this site
Old 12-24-2005, 04:31 AM
Fork Horn

All I know is that if anybody ever shoots me in the butt I hope the're using those sierra's!
Old 01-14-2006, 10:35 PM

I HAVE TO AGREE. I HAVE BEEN USEING 140 GR. GAMEKINGS AND PRO HUNTERS IN A RUGER NO.1 7mm REM MAG. HAVENT HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH EITHER OF THEM THE LOAD I AM USEING IS 65.0 GR IMR 4350 WITH FED. 215 MAGNUM PRIMER HAVENT CHRONOGRAPHED IT BUT THE BOOKS ALL SAY AROUND 3280 WITH A 24 IN BARREL THIS GUN HAS A 26 SO THIS LOAD SHOULD PRODUCE CLOSE TO 3400 FPS THE LAST WHITETAIL SHOT "BY A FREIND" WITH THIS LOAD SHOT IT THROUGH THE HAM BONE COMPLETLY DESTROYING IT THEN IT TRAVELED THE ENTIRE LENGTH OF THE ANIMAL EXITING MID NECK THE EXIT WOUND WAS AROUND .750 INCH THE SHOT WAS LESS THAN 50 YARDS I DONT KNOW WHAT MORE TO ASK FROM A NON-BONDED BULLET I LOVE THEM AND WILL CONTINUE TO USE THEMTHE DEER WAS AROUND 130 LBS TYPICAL OF THE DEER WE HAVE IN EAST TN
Old 01-15-2006, 02:29 PM

I agree. I have been using Pro Hunter or the Game Kings for everything and they are great. Got a small buck with 160gr 7mm Rem Mag. Hit just behind the sholder and exited far sholder full past through. The buck went only 20yds and was stone dead. Great bullets would use them for anything but big bears. Then its Barnes X just because the penatrate very well. -----Jovan