Canucks, can we buy firearms accross Prov. Borders >

Canucks, can we buy firearms accross Prov. Borders

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Canucks, can we buy firearms accross Prov. Borders

Old 09-16-2002, 10:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Canucks, can we buy firearms accross Prov. Borders

Hey guys, I am trying to buy a new rifle. Problem one is nobody in the province has or can get what I am looking for in time for the season. Problem two, it seems dealers can not call other dealers to acquire stock? So to my question, with our new gun laws and PAL crap, is it possible to buy a rifle from another province over the phone or internet? Has anybody done this recently? How long or much red tape is involved? How do they really know I am buying this rifle on my own PAl? (With Pic ID and all)

Any experiences or thoughts? Thanks in limbo!!!

Old 09-17-2002, 05:29 AM

Default RE: Canucks, can we buy firearms accross Prov. Borders

I know when I was living out west (Edmonton) for a period of time, I had asked a retailer if I could order a rifle from Ontario and what was involved. They said it was no big problem. The same transfer process occurs with the Canadian Firearms Centre but that the shipping was the killer. It has to be shipped by land by a bonded carrier and insured for damage. I'm not 100% sure of the costs involved.

Your best bet since it sounds like you know what you want, is to contact the store where you intend on making the purchase and inquire about what is exactly involved. Also find out what their return policy is if you do not like the firearm or make sure its exactly what you want before ordering it. I say this because they may ship a model that has been revised recently and may not be the one you want.

Good luck, let us know how you make out.

Old 09-17-2002, 09:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

The costs are minimal.I have done this several times as my gunbuilder lives in another province.
Old 09-18-2002, 12:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks guys, I actually found the gun. The gun shop I wanted to purchase it from in the first place, got it through a transfer. It would seem that the info a couple shops provided me was false...I guess greed or maybe wanting to reduce their own stock. Anyway I am extremely p'd off at them and will not be giving them business anymore. All they had to do was say we'll check for yeah, even if they din't I wouldn't feel the way I feel now. They were more interested in pushing me to something I didn't want....no great service.

The bonus is I will have my new 7mag by week end and got it for a better price then quoted by our big shop (that say they are the cheapest around....HA!), so I am tickled with the result!

Old 09-18-2002, 06:42 PM
Fork Horn

We have a lot of silly inter-provincial trade restrictions which nobody pays any attention to unless there's a beer strike. I don't believe that guns are an issue. A year and a half ago, I bought 2 rifles on-line from Quebec, and they arrived in Ontario with little delay (and that was with the CFC).

Old 09-23-2002, 12:41 PM

Call up Le Baron...I'm sure they can get what you are looking for. Visit their Website too, they have the Catalogue online in .pdf format
http://www.lebaron.ca

As for buying across province, I Have years ago..My first rifle, but not recently, I can't see there being an issue though as long as you have an FAC, but of course that is needed regardless of which Province you buy in.