Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Need FFL info. about accross state gun purchace. >

Need FFL info. about accross state gun purchace.

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Need FFL info. about accross state gun purchace.

Old 01-22-2002, 10:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Need FFL info. about accross state gun purchace.

I want to buy a rifle from somebody in Michigan I live in New Mexico. I found the ad in the publication "Gun List." How do I go about purchacing this firearm with out getting ripped off? Do I give him half the money now, and half upon delivery? Does the guy I want to buy the firearm need to have a FFL to send it to a FFL dealer here in NM? Please Help. Thank You.
Old 01-23-2002, 03:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Need FFL info. about accross state gun purchace.

He don't have to have a ffl to send it to a dealer ,but he cant send it to anyone else that doesn't have a lic. Will the guy ship cod and would your dealer want to get that envolved . You would have to front the money to the dealer in that case .
Old 01-23-2002, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

To do the sale legally the person who is selling it must ship it to a FFL holder.You'll have to make aggrangements with your dealer and get a signed copy of his FFL to send to the seller.Most dealers will accept the shipment and charge you a transfer fee.As far as paying you and the seller should work that out.I would ask several dealers what their charges will be. It shouldn't be to much if you make the arrangements yourself and pay for the gun. All he has to do is log it in and log it (4473 form and background check.) back out to you.My opinion though it would be safer if the seller sent it through a dealer on his end to your dealer.Unless you know the guy you are buying it from it could be a rip off once you send the money. Hope it works out for you. Ruger Redhawk
Check my new webpage out.
www.angelfire.com/mac/ruger
Old 01-23-2002, 06:32 PM

Handloader I just sent a rifle to Cal. The FFL dealer in Cal. would only accept the rifle if it was sent from an FFL dealer in TN. So my local shop boxed and shipped it off for me, with the copy of the FFL in the box. I talked to the buyer on the net and by phone. He sent me a copy of the dealers FFL. and a money order. But only after he took my name, address and phone number. I hope this helps.
Old 01-23-2002, 10:30 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-23-2002, 11:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for all your help I used all of your information. The guy is going to ship the firearm to a FFL holder in Albq. New Mexico COD after he recieves a copy of the FFL holder's licence. I will then do all the paper work (NICS), pay the COD, and take it home. I really appreciate your help; you really came through for me. The deal was too good could not pass it up. Good Luck

Edited by - handloader1 on 01/24/2002 00:12:00