Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Other Areas
 Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting >

Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Old 11-18-2007, 08:13 PM

Default RE: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

luv2hunt, leaving saturaday for kiskaamastakin and mirage.Should be plenty of caribous for us and tons of snow. hopefully the ice will be safe by the time we get there.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:17 AM

It was -13c overnight and snow , should be making ice , rule of thumb -20c = 1 " of ice / 24 hrs.

Old 11-19-2007, 10:16 AM
Fork Horn

Go get 'em BKMSTR. They are here!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-19-2007, 11:28 AM

The updated map is in!!!

Cheers
Old 11-19-2007, 11:35 AM
Fork Horn

Yeah i just went and looked at the map. Can anyone give any insight into the duration of time that the main herd will be crossing the road?
Old 11-19-2007, 02:04 PM

I just spoke to my buddy and the bou is there right now, if they go a little east before the majority cross the road it should be awsome these next few days. He says it seems like their avoiding waterways and going around them. Nevertheleast he shot his 2 bulls this morning north of the road on sled .

Old 11-19-2007, 02:12 PM
Fork Horn

Well Darkside...it's been 3 years waiting and finally, the moment has arrived!! I talked to rrene today from Kisk... and he says the bou are a little east of them, but headed straight for them!! They should be there in great numbers by Wednesday of this week. We are leaving tomorrow morning and planning to arrive on Thursday pm to start hunting Friday. I assume by the "They are here" that you are there now...? If you are planning to be there when I am, please look me up!! I'll be in the dark blue Durango. We'll have a coffee together!!

I'll post pics upon my return!! Oh, they said there is about 2' of snow on the ground.

I can't believe it is finally time!!!! It's bou kill'n time!!
Old 11-19-2007, 06:47 PM
Fork Horn

hey guys just got back to michigan today what a trip all the caribou we seen were off of Laforge 2 at km525 the roads were un passable by vehicle when we were there and I amd being serious it snowed there for three days and and the morning of the 17th we left the Mirage with three ski doos and went to laforge 2 it took us almost 4 hrs cause there was a foot of fresh snow we parked just after the dam on the road and they were not plowed at all.We then went about 25 miles on sleds and found the heard and let me tell you it was a sight i will never forget the caribou were laying right in the middle of the road and they were the whole width of the road walking for as far as you could see splitting off in to the woods heading for the Transtaiga road and probally crossing between km450 and laforge 1 heading to the miragethere were a few caribou on laforge 1 but nothing to right home about when i get the pictures i will try to post them for ya good luck to you all
Old 11-19-2007, 09:27 PM
Spike

got back from kisk last night at 10:30 pm. this was my first trip. both my brother and i got 2 bulls each, but no record breakers.there were not enough around to be picky.as a group we were told we were the first in camp to limit out. also met jonbarleycorn and he limited out on the 1st day. however the 2 guys in the room across the hall only ended up with one cow between them. 6 guys down the hall had a pricket and small bull. across the way i thought they had done well because they had 8 or 10 with some nice bulls until they told me there were 22 in their group. including the ride in and out and the 2 days it took us to get 4 bou i saw 36 bou. (21 before we arrived and bought our license and 3 in 22A on the way out. better luck to the later hunters!
Old 11-19-2007, 09:28 PM
Spike

Hey Fire can't wait to see some pics if you had a chance to take any during the bad weather. I'm heading up to Mirage on Sunday to be there for Monday and judging by your description of the migration we will be in the thick of it during that week. Probably won't need any snowmobiles to get to the caribou. I guess you didn't get a chance to hunt some birds either because of the bad weather?

Quick Reply: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.