Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Firearms Laws Flushed?

Old 01-10-2004, 07:07 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-01-2004, 02:20 PM

Default RE: Firearms Laws Flushed?

i saw in a Edmonton news paper that alberta wants out of all of this bs b/c guns are a part of their past, now i say being from manitoba now liveing in alberta (the hunting better) give it to them it will turn our heads in the right way, right, we need to start some place
Old 02-03-2004, 01:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

It's all propiganda ! they just keep lookning for way's to get thier hand's in your pocket .Just remember the jerk that started all this crap ALAN ROCK ALAN ROCK ALAN ROCK he sure jumped ship in a hurry when it started going down hill then he went on to make big messes everywhere he went .Are any of you's surprised NO I didn't think So . I believe there should be some sort of rules but they have no idea what 's in front Everything changes depending on who your talking to . junk it !Billion dollars worth of junk and now they got NO money for hospital's RIGHT that's what I thought This Bill took alot of smart people to think this up.

nubo
Old 02-06-2004, 03:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Of course I am sure in the last few days you've all heard about the lack of freedom to vote for the MP's on certain issues....yeap you guessed it one of the liberals babies is included "Gun Reg". They may look at ways to curtail spending on the CFC but make no mistake about it is not going anywhere.

Martin is not wanting to lose any supporters which included the anti-gun folk, he will throw money at our healthcare (meager and not enough), he'll offer a rebate of the GST to Municipalities (meager and not enough), he look at buying new equipment for the military(again look at and what is apporved you guessed it meager and not enough), keep on with the great social programs (to much already) and of course will not eliminate the GST or cut personal income taxes. The ball of wax is election year and Mr. Martin will try to not rock the boat either way to secure his spot on the top of the hill. Like all those who came before him he is a "LIBERAL" and as such we can look forward no good things to come from our pathetic government. Even the public opinion polls on the gun reg say he should scrap it and investigate the usefulness of the floundered money...but like any other question of power or how funds are spent with a liberal you'll see nothing but tap dancing, rug sweeping and move on. Other leaders or political groups pay for their inability to make the right choice or accountability but not the flippin' Liberals, why b/c to many head up their arse canadians who live inside a bubble and think the true meaning of deomcracy is medicare, gay marriages and social programs. We can also thank the media for the aweful favoritism of the liberals, they have a responsibility to report the news but can still edit what we are really told. No such thing a responsible journalism in Canada, the views are very skewed to the libs favor. For god sake Mr. Chretien made an a$$ of himself on several occasions and while they reported it they always down played it as well...at the expensive of how stupid we look for voting in such a loser to the rest of the world.

Damn straight we're all in for more up the hoop if the Liberal Machine keeps rolling on!
Old 02-13-2004, 01:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yet again were are in a money brew ha-ha and the liberals are at the heart. Oh big suprise it is deflected and covered off by a fuming PM who has requested an inquiry. Oh and even more of a suprise it will be dealt with like all the other crap...scapegoat (s), more PR and up goes the rug.

God I really hope this one at least hurts the liberals. Hopefully it is enough for those to say we need a change, if only to stir the dust to bring back accountability and just a bit of honesty by changing leadership. It has happened in the past so here's hoping the winds are blowing a change

Absolutely pathetic[:'(]
Old 02-13-2004, 09:28 PM

What is so frustrating is that people seem to vote what their parents did in years past. They can't seem to think for themselves or vote the current issues. Right now, anything that makes the Liberals look as bad as they are makes me feel better anyway. Its small satisfaction but its a start.
Old 02-17-2004, 01:49 PM

So now it's 2 billion, that is about what the National Post had it at. However some of the costs are hidden at other agencies, so the real cost could be higher still.

One thing to keep in mind, when you are just thinking about the money wasting part of this: There are databases elsewhere. The gun registry is unique in being basicaly just a registry, but other programs and departments have probably hundreds of mismanaged data bases. The securities regulators have wasted an equivalent amount of money in the same way. Not the same amount, because there are only 20-30 000 employees to register, but tens if not hundreds, of millions on data bases they don't understand, and on the creation of new system, after new system. Every government agency involved in the same kind of work has probably squandered similar amounts of money. They blew a ton trying to add security features to the Ontario health card.

As time goes forward, the big risk is they will scrap the registry and give us a totaly new series of rules, that will sound rational to non-gun owners, like everyone should be happy.