2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em! >

2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

Old 10-30-2006, 07:38 PM
JPF
Fork Horn

Default RE: 2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

Old 10-30-2006, 07:40 PM
JPF
Fork Horn

Also heres a picture of one of my friends muley he got a couple weeks ago, Gross 190ish Netted 172 ( to bad the one back Y wasn't fully developed)

Old 10-30-2006, 07:53 PM
Typical Buck

[8D]Saskbush

Dang that is one heck of a buck,I'd guess him at 180 + BTR,if you have a local BTR scorer ,get him to score it for you as you'll lose nothing for a score as they give the deer full credit for everything.They also can score him green as that is how it works,no need for the normal 60 days drying time,it's called the full credit scoring system and now they actully have added the inside spread too.He may not be to wide on the outside spread 22 max but he will make up in his circumference measurements and also the 3rd beam. Anyhows it's a great buck and did I see you say you got him in Alberta??? LOL Good luck with the rest of the season.The pre rut is just starting here in the Bow Zone ,fresh scrapes showing up all over and now with the 5 inches of snow, us ole geezers can see that much better. I'm in the middle of painting the guest room for my hunter coming in on the 11th till the 25 of hopefully some great action.Best of luck 2 all of you great Canucks
Rocky

Old 10-30-2006, 09:38 PM

Hey Rocky, I've heard it's real cold with some snow in Edmonton. That sounds like good news considering last year it hit 70F one daywhen I was there![:@] I was hoping it wouldn't be frigid when I come up but I'll take what ever happens.I hope with all this cold the rut doesn't kick intoo soon.The 15 day extended forcast says continued very cold with snow off and on so we'll see what happens.
I got a doe for the freezerso far this season here in Pa, our rut will be jumping off next week and I have 3 days to hunt (dark to dark), the 6th, 7th and 8thso I'm hoping to get a shot at abuck. I got pics of 6 differant bucks with my trail cam. Only 2 of them are shooters though. I'll stay in touch and I have your number.
I'm more psyched than last year since I'm somewhat familure with some of the spots I've already hunted!!!
Old 10-30-2006, 09:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

JPF, how far were you from Lake Dief? Been a growing herd in that area for some time, in fact they have been able to be hunted via draw. I saw a couple of HUGE bulls 2 years ago while ml hunting on the east side of the lake, it was 30 plus herd out in the middle of nothing but BA prairie. Also seen a couple of big bull moose that same day. Just opened a season for them this year via the draw as well. Any way great pics. That 190 typical is a hoss, even with the rt side rear fork undeveloped. As far as typicals go them big G2's/ 3's and carrying massout is what it'sall about! Score on big typical is a tough one here. Congrats to them both.

AG, I ain't going to say anything about shooting to far I have been known to launch a few myself! I ain't much of a bowhunter anymore, bummed shouldermakes it difficult to practice or be as effecient as I once was. You'll get em next time.

YF, curious what is BTR? Good report, as that is surely headed smack into our province. Best of luck in the coming weeks.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

early in 3, what happened to 1 and 2! Yeah she is shaping up nice the forecast here is changing hourly was suppose to be a short burst then warming no it looks to be cold, cool and cold again with snow showing up in a number of the days
Good luck in Canada and PA, keep us posted.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome critters in the photos guys. Saska...wow now that is some true character there. Very cool buck, congrats again.
Old 10-31-2006, 07:42 AM
Typical Buck

I knew our luck would be changing after that wierd week last week.
Skeeter, I'd say don't adjust another thing on that gun...that is tight!!
Sask,can you say PIG?? WOW way to go buddy!! And think we all got the pics and story before BIG BUCK mag. didSeriously though, that buck is worthy for it's pages. Real nice work on him. He definately is a buck of a lifetime and you should hang him proudly on your wall with a shoulder mount. Can you imaging if he had a couple more years on him. He wouldn't be able to hold up his head. I'd say the Tacoma was broken in real well now!!
JPF, nice pics man...looks like I'm not the only one seeing stuff in the wrong place[:-]
Well boys, I'm on pheasants for another 2 weeks then I'm off to the great white north for Sask's deer's dad. Keep up the posts & pics! I'm loving every minute of it! Here's to a good game this weekend between the stamps & the riders!!!
Old 10-31-2006, 09:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck on them tasty little runners JD and also when you head north for white's. I am sure we'll be treated to more great pics. BTW, what type of camera do you use?

Here's to a good game this weekend between the stamps & the riders!!!
It'll be interesting, well hopefully any ways.
Heard the Stamps will not allow "Gainer"(Rider's mascot who is a rowdy little gopher, FYI)in thestadium Sunday. They stated unruly fan implications. Had to laugh, if it was b/c 1/2 the stadium will most likely be dawning the green/white vs red/white! Home field advantage may be a toss up in this contest. The Stamps have the QB, gut tells me they will go on to play the Lions. You can bet I still be cheering forHank to falter and the Riders to stop under achieving as a Rider fan but reality tells me to woo my party plans!
Old 10-31-2006, 09:16 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys,

awesome Mulie buck JPF and cool elk pics.

AG, tough luck on the mulies and frozen feet. I've done the same only with cactus thorns instead of snow and ice.

JD, he will be going on the wall. I am scared to think what he would have looked like next year. he likely would havefallen ass over tit since his body can't weigh more than 150 pounds dressed. Where are you heading for whitetails. PM me if you'll be in the Peace River area as I have some landowner contacts I can give you.

Thanks again guys. I'll post some better pics as soon as they are sent to me.

Quick Reply: 2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.