Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 shotgun scope >

shotgun scope

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

shotgun scope

Old 06-02-2009, 08:33 PM
Spike

Default shotgun scope

I am looking for a new scope for my shotgun for deer hunting. I think I have narrowed my search down to either a Nikon Slughunter or a Leupold UltimateSlam. I am leaning towards the Nikon because the ultimateslam seems to be created more for the muzzleloader hunters. Does anyone have any experience with either of these two scopes? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: shotgun scope

Although I've never used either, I'm sure they both would work fine. Leupy makes a nice 1-4 X 20 shotgun model that would be ideal. I'd probably go with Nikon myself due to longer eye relief.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hey Buckmastermn, I know you asked about two specific scopes but let me throw this out for your consideration anyway. Two years ago I bought a Simmons 4x ProDiamond shotgun scope for one of my muzzleloaders. I was so impressed with its clarity andeye relief, and the repeatability of its adjustments that I've since acquired two more. All three are on muzzle loaders, one of which is a little Omega X7 (a pretty hard kicker with stout loads). I haven't had a bit of trouble with any of the three and remain quite satisfied with them. They don't cost much either.

http://www.natchezss.com/brand.cfm?contentID=productDetail&brand=SN&amp ;category=0&prodID=SN517793

EDIT: Here's what one looks like on the X7.

Old 06-12-2009, 10:50 AM
Fork Horn

I have the Nikon Slughunter mounted on my 11-87 and have had zero problems since I put it on. The BDC feature works very well. Good luck with your purchase.