Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
 undecided on long range scope >

undecided on long range scope

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

undecided on long range scope

Old 03-02-2009, 05:51 PM
Fork Horn

Default undecided on long range scope

lookin at new scope for my sendero rilfe lookiin at black diamond 8x32x50 with tac mill retcile, and the nikon monarch same power with bdc, and leupold mark 4 i have all of those brands in diffrent modlels none with that high of magnafacation i was very pleased wiht the last burris i bought lookin real hard at the black diamond but not a scope that local shops dont have layin around anyone that hase used or has it responses would be great negitave or positve ty
Old 03-03-2009, 03:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: undecided on long range scope

Check out Sightron SIII, Vortex Viper or even Super Sniper. The glass on the Sightron is VERY good. These can all be seen (with specs) at S.W.F.A.
Old 03-07-2009, 04:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: undecided on long range scope

I think the Leupold 8.5x25 VXIII is very hard to beat as far as clarity. I really like them. That being said I would have to consider a Sightron SIII. I would like to look through one before spending the money though. Long Long ago I compared a Burris to a Leupold and at that time the Leupold was better by far in the higher magnification. I don't know what the New Burrris is like, I just never had a reason to check after buying the Leupolds